Best jokes

I believe Rafael was asked by a member of the forum to post these daily
I see no harm, if you have an issue maybe ignore ? Certainly doesn’t deserve complaining about
This is a best jokes thread … maybe lighten up ?

7 Likes

Possibly the problem is that Gary Larson’s ‘The Far Side’ is registered as Copyright material.

2 Likes

What is the copyright law in the UK?

You get copyright protection automatically - you don’t have to apply or pay a fee. There isn’t a register of copyright works in the UK. You automatically get copyright protection when you create: original literary, dramatic, musical and artistic work, including illustration and photography.

and I find it repetitive

2 Likes

3 Likes

I liked when you posted them
Everyday I would check this forum to see what your post would bring so please please continue I do not want to have to buy the 2023 calendar but I will buy the 2024 one.

5 Likes

You can find your daily dose of Gary Larson here, if you like… a bit more work, but official and no copyright dilemma:

1 Like

what a drama

4 Likes

Re. copyright, If you are posting an extract of something up on the board as subject for discussion or comment then, unless permission to reprint is specifically requested, then it’s likely that it would qualify for fair use provision.

How about a joke?

steve

23 Likes

Thank you Richard, I will continue to send the daily joke to my kids and wife in whatsapp.

1 Like

I will have to go out and find a 2023 calendar ………

I know where there’s a 2500BC calendar in Wiltshire.
(It’s not very portable thought.)

6 Likes

A Julian calendar?

No, Julian is my next door neighbour, the one in Wiltshire predates him and is a LOT heavier.

1 Like

A recent tv programme suggested parts of it might have been quarried, erected and used in SW Wales before being packed up and delivered to Wiltshire :sunglasses:

3 Likes

There’s a 3000BC one about 20 miles to the north too. Arguably even less portable than the ‘newer’ one.

2 Likes

That explains the ‘Stün’ entry in the cardiff ikea catalog.

2 Likes

I recently made a significant investment. Did not come cheap, but it’s worth each and every penny. What did I do?
I sope to specially qualified developers at very speciael IT hardware companies and explained to them what I needed. They came up with this brilliant solution:

See the little wheel in the middle? It allows me to actually scroll over things I do not wish to see! Finally, the days of endless reading of posts I do not really care for or I am not interested in is over! Quality of live has imporved so much! Highly recommended to anyone having similar issues!
My apologies if this has been posted before, but in my new life with my new device I do not read everything…

4 Likes

Physically speaking, by post, that one gives a hole negative impression of a calendar!

Sorry non-native English speakers are going to find that extremely difficult to interpret (and probably even some native English speakers who don’t understand my twisted sense of humour!)

3 Likes

I blame @sjw
@Rafael save us! Bring back The Far Side!

5 Likes