Best Live Albums

Another Santana Live with decent SQ and song list:

2 Likes

I mentioned Irish Tour way back near the start… :+1:

The Band captured in 1993 on Toronto FM - excellent quality:

This is superb - highly recommended.
Great SQ and playing!!

2 Likes

For me, the best live album would have to be “Frampton Comes Alive”.

But then again I have been listening to Eva Cassidy’s “Nightbird”, George Benson’s “Weekend in London” and the half speed remastered Genesis “Seconds Out” quite a lot lately!

2 Likes

Agreed. For audience reaction and participation they don’t come much better. Must have been a great feeling for him and the band performing, as well as the crowd.

I love EST Live in Hamburg. The way they wrought order from the chaos of Definition of a Dog is masterful.

2 Likes

Frank Zappa You Cant Do that on Stage Anymore Vol2: Great show from Helsinki
Also his Haloween Concerts. You can get 3 complete shows on Quobuz or Spotify

Man: dozens of options; Padget Rooms Penarth is a fave and more exclusive than Fillmore

The Doors: Absolutely Live

Van Morrison: Grand Opera House, Belfast

Pink Floyd: Delicate sound of Thunder

1 Like

Man: Spunk Rock from the original Greasy Truckers double vinyl is brilliant! Twin Guitar heaven. Maximum Darkness is also very good (but don’t read too much into John Cippolina’s contribution, it wasn’t as significant as the credits would have you believe)

2 Likes

Micky Jones was a guitar magician. Saw Man live many times and Greasy Truckers captures the spirit of those wonderful gigs.

Worth just for the guitar solo on Stinkfoot.

Back when I was a new student I lodged with a family and I was introduced to the likes of Hendrix, Pink Floyd Led Zep (allegedly Alan was part of the crew that laid the power cables for their Sophia Gardens Cardiff gig).
This album was on repeat there and still is here and now…

Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush Live (1977)

2 Likes

It’s a classic!

Here’s another favourite from the 70s, to keep a Canadian guitarist theme going…

Pretenders, The Isle of View is great. A sort of unplugged effort and good SQ too.

1 Like

Candy_Dulfer_Live_in_Amsterdam_cover

A really great live smooth jazz album. Great atmosphere…

2 Likes

Great version of I’m a King Bee

1 Like

@Cemil absolutely agree.

I was and still a blown away by World Anthem after the histrionics of Electric Reflections of War.

I don’t know whether it’s because it was the first version I heard or it’s a particularly good version but the other live versions I’ve heard don’t quite do it for me.

Gary Moore

The Best of The Blues

Opps, posted on wrong thread. :flushed:

Edward

1 Like

Forgot how good this one sounded.

6 Likes