Best Live Albums

That’s a great Live album as well Graeme and I forgot to list it.

1 Like

Saw them at Knebworth. Late 70s. Great show. Drove on in a pink Cadillac I think. Also Zappa that year. I think. Was young and cold. Sleeping in plastic bags in back of Ford Transit and living off ring doughnuts.

1 Like

I have the London one!!!

Maybe it’s my age, but Rush - A Show Of Hands is them in their absolute live prime.
Apart from that my all time favourites are Pink Floyd - Pulse (the Japanese CD box set is sublime!!!) and Simple Minds - Live In The City Of Light.

1 Like

Stevie Ray, he died too young.

7 Likes

Absolutely still brings a tear to the eye watching it now

Yes that was September 1978 I think. My first ever live rock music. The Tubes headlined, supported by Frank Zappa, Peter Gabriel (with giant panda!), Boomtown Rats, Rockpile and Wilkins Johnson. Was quite a relaxed affair for a Knebworth as only 30,000 or so people.

1 Like

And I remember that The Tubes encore included Baba O’Reilky and The Kids Are All Right as a tribute to Keith Moon who had just died.

1 Like

Yup. Now remember Boomtown Rats too.

I’m in the concert film :slight_smile:

This. :muscle::point_right::fire:

Ohhh, and
Cream: Live at the Royal Albert Hall 2005

( remember thinking: how the hell 3 dinosaurs make THIS Power sound?!)

4 Likes

Lucky you. It must have been awesome…

1 Like

Bonnie Raitt - Road Tested
Nils Lofgren - Acoustic Live

3 Likes

Yesterday I listened to Rory Gallagher’s Irish Tour '74. I had forgotten how effortlessly brilliant his guitar playing was. It must have been a tremendous release for the audience to hear something so great at the height of the troubles.

2 Likes

listen to her latest ,blues great backing band the vinyl is well presented cover etc 4th side is accoustic versions of some songs which is magical . and you get download 96k wav fill very good9/10

I saw Fleetwood Mac about 3-5 years ago (I think). The most surprising thing for me was Lindsey Buckingham’s guitar playing. It was very good, but the surprising thing was how energetic he was (given his age).

1 Like

Wonderful album.

I also like a lot Ten Years After Recorded Live - not mentioned yet in this thread.

2 Likes

Graham Parker - The Parkerilla

Graham Parker & The Rumour at their peak. Classic songs from Parker and such a great band with Brinsley Schwarz playing some beautiful guitar. The Marble Arch live recording is another favourite.

9 Likes

I also have a soft spot for Live - Discovering Japan.

4 Likes

I know some tracks on Moonflower are in the studio but the other tracks always make me wish I had been able to see (early) Santana live in concert.

10 Likes