Best Live Albums

Weather Report “8:30”
Little Feat - Waiting For Columbus

Agree that Marble Arch is a great one. Need to play it again some time soon…

1 Like

I think this one is up there - the great Ray Brown. Available via Tidal. There are so many great jazz live albums, though.

3 Likes

Lotus was another great Santana live album…

4 Likes

Bob Marley Live
Donny Hathaway Live

4 Likes

I still enjoy Elton Johns live album 17-11-70, especially if you’ve lucky enough to have the second album. Recorded in LA and at a time when he was just taking off.

4 Likes

If you can work out how to open it :grin:

5 Likes

Luckily my version is a dual cd in a plastic case! :wink:

2 Likes

Predictable for me, I know. :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

My answer to this question is always strangers in the night by UFO. A few other favourites are real live by Frank Marino, in transit by saga , live and let live by twelfth night (also their live at the target album) and John Martin bbc radio 1 live in concert, the Glastonbury live part of that is fantastic.

1 Like

Deep Purple - Made In Japan
Thin Lizzy - Live And Dangerous
Rainbow - On Stage
Rush - Exit Stage Left
Eagles - When Hell Freezes Over
Eva Cassidy - Live At Blues Alley
Jeff Beck - Live At Ronnie Scott’s

Many mentioned on here. These are my favourites off the top of my head.

8 Likes

Many thanks for the reminder just dug out my copy of The Parkerilla, it’s been a while. A good reminder of many excellent GP gigs.

1 Like

Sam Cooke at the harlem sqaure club very energetic performance from a young sam

2 Likes

Atb
Kk

3 Likes

Eva Cassidy “Night Bird” performed live at Blues Alley Jazz club January 3 1996.
This album brings tears to my eyes regularly. Unfortunately she passed away some 8 months after this recording truly truly very very sad. An AMAZING performer. I’ve never herd a live show do what this album can do to the human condition.

21 Likes

Siouxsie and The Banshees - Nocturne
ABBA - Live at Wembley Arena
Motorhead - No Sleep 'til Hammersmith
Keith Jarret - Koln concert
Ian Dury and the Blockheads - Warts ‘n’ Audience

Plus many of the others mentioned already on this list…I love live albums and might have to invest in a couple mentioned here.

2 Likes

Enjoying this latest Elbow offering.

4 Likes

An old favourite…

4 Likes

Van Morrison - Astral Weeks Live from The Hollywood Bowl

Incredible timing and no post production over-dubbing at all. Recorded exactly as it sounded live.

6 Likes

Man, maximum darkness. takes me back to their many great gigs at b/ham townhall.

4 Likes