Best new music of the year so far

That’s sooo good! Brilliant live sound - reminds me of a sweaty McGonagles in the early 80’s

New release from The Skints

It was a close call between ESE and the Vooduu people and this one

2 Likes

@anon96720693 I am giving that album a like for the cover. I will investigate the music tomorrow :grin:

1 Like

Liking this one!

Atb
Kk

Who won? :wink: :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been plugging this on other threads too.

1 Like

Ordered!

Atb
Kk

Playing this now. Cool!!

Atb
Kk

1 Like

You bad boy Bob another tenner towards my 552 has disappeared…downloaded from Qobuz😉

1 Like

Excellent Sunday afternoon music. Thanks Chief Chirpa.

The cover says it all you know what you’re going to get… and it delivers.

Happier Now
by Native Harrow

De Lorians - De Lorians

Japanese band who play Canterbury Jazz/Rock very much in the style of Soft Machine Third - i.e. basically very melodic but threatening to fly off the handle at any moment. A breath of fresh air.

Bandcamp link: https://deloriansbbib.bandcamp.com/

1 Like

I thought it was going to be either Sons of Kemet or Bruce Springsteen’s new album but for me, best new music so far is definitely Lloyd Coles new album “Guesswork”. The intro to the first track starts off sounding a like Pink Floydish, however the album is full of wonder 80s pop with a (little) Lou Reed style delivery in vocals and guitars. The track “Violins” is a standout, as well as the closing track, “You Win the Loudness Wars”. He’s also joined by fellow Commotions members for the first time in years. I’ve always been a fan, but this was a very pleasant surprise. Excellent album.

1 Like

Bowie’s Mercury Demo’s ! Not necessarily for sq,although there not as bad as you might think,but for the fascinating insight into what was to come from these “audition “ tapes. I’ve been a lifelong fan,playing this album followed by Blackstar,and then think about everything in between,what a journey !

3 Likes

Us fans that are non-vinyl/streamers are still waiting to hear this set and the Clareville Grove sessions.

Also, expecting to hear news on the latest box set this week.

Hi,your in for a treat,on Clareville Grove set as well,also looking forward to news on box set,it’s become a Christmas tradition,my wife loves it,she doesn’t have to think too hard about my present!

1 Like

@Lorro1 trust you’ve got this as well.

Lea Delaria

The typeface, cover shot and name of the album should give away the contents. Lovely singer and album.

1 Like