Best new music of the year so far

Wow,no I haven’t,never seen it before,will be looking for it now ,thanks for heads up !

Hey Andy P,been on line listened to several tracks,now ordered,great interpretations and what a voice ! Not usually a fan of covers,but she’s done her own thing,all the better for it.
Thanks again.

Yes and it was endorsed by Bowie himself.

That doesn’t surprise me,what a talent.

I recommend Double Standards. Her album of unlikely cover versions.

1 Like

I have that album which is wonderful - her version of Black Hole Sun is perfect.

Aye, that’s the song which always makes me want to get that album out.

1 Like

James Blake - Assume Form

Beautiful and original.

4 Likes

My favorite so far at least until drops this month.

2 Likes

As stated in previous post. This is great and Danny is a God!!!

6 Likes

The Hu - The Gerag

Debut album by Mongolian Metal/Hard Rock band. Features horse-head fiddle and throat singing. Consistently a blast - must be played LOUD.

1 Like

Nick Cave ‘Ghosteen’ is a remarkable album. Head, shoulders and probably thorax too above anything else I have heard this year. It is still very ‘Cavish’ but less challenging than Seleton Tree (which I also love/admire). I
Understand the backstory to his last few years and it adds another layer.

Only had it 48hrs. Can you wear out a download? New Wilco this Friday hasn’t had a look in; and they are probably my favourite band

Bruce

4 Likes

Teskey Brothers: Run Home Slow
SY400
After 10 seconds you will just refuse to believe this is a bunch of white guys from Australia. It’s sounds every bit like a massive motown hit from the 60s.

6 Likes

Yeah this is an epic album in every sense.

Heard some great things about this. Can’t get it for love or money in my country. Not via download. Not via disc.

1 Like

Ask @TheKevster he is the bands manager and just maybe able to help you out.

1 Like

Hi @feeling_zen - try Tidal or Bandcamp maybe? It should be on iTunes, Amazon, Grotify etc as well…

And what’s wrong with a bunch of white guys from Australia. :rofl::rofl:

In Japan, not in Amazon. I don`t subscribe to streaming services. I only buy music. Not in DiscCogs either.

Tried Amazon.co.uk but it was restricted item they wouldn’t ship to Japan.

You can buy an LP, CD or hi-res download from Bandcamp, they will ship to Japan. It IS on Discogs as well.