Best ripping software for non ripped cds

it failed too. Exact copy too. All other cds are fine ripping. Thanks, but nothing to do , apart transfer this album from my unitserve to the melco. More to come this week at my dealer place.

1 Like

Have you tried burning a CD-Rom copy of the discs and then using DB Poweramp to copy the copy?

Sounds perverse I know, but I found it worked on stubborn cds.

Apologies if this has already been suggested and I missed it.

G

1 Like

how can i made a cd rom copy ?

Most CDs on a recent ROM drive rip in well under 3 minutes. Some of mine have ripped in under 2. The ripping and metadata are not related, there is no metadata on the CD.

Get a nice new ROM drive. It’ll rip faster and give you more time to play music :grinning:

Have you tried burst mode? Secure mode per your screenshot tries to get the best rip and won’t give up trying. Also uncheck accurate rip; if you are just going to get these ripped by hook or by crook ie regardless of ripping errors, then you won’t be getting an accurate rip.
Also repeat with ‘defective by design’ option.
These settings are just to get these Miles Davis discs done, they’re only temporary; afterwards enable secure and accurate rip.

Or try.another drive. I found that Pioneer Bluray drive has excellent reading lasers…

1 Like

i tried both modes and also exact copy software. It’s the only one album i couldn’t rip/ 200 albums for now.
Thanks but i think all is tried now.

We can clause this thread @Richard.Dane

Have you tried playing the file in the drive. If it will play but not rip, then the CD is defective by design; in other words it’s not actually an audio (i.e. Red Book) CD. If it won’t do either, then it’s either a defective drive or a defective CD.

it plays but not rip.

i bought it in 1988. Specially well recorded live Miles Davis concerts in Montreux.

I had one CD that would not rip with anything - except the built-in Windows 7 (which I still use) Media ripper - which did the job with no problems.
__USB%20CD
You have tried using a cheap USB CD drive plugged into the Melco to see if it can do it?

I used the Melco (with external plug-in USB CD drive) to do all my rips as it is relatively fast and easy to use.
…except for one CD it would not rip but the PC could - just happens sometimes, but I got the rip!

DB.

1 Like

Before I close the thread, as DB mentions, have you tried a different ripping drive?

Whenever i have a tricky disc that won’t cleanly rip, i set it aside and later try it on a range of older USB drives. An old Freecom Samsung drive is usually very good, or otherwise an old Plextor will often crack particularly tough nuts.

I had 2 drives on my old PC and used to be able to put the CD in one and copy it to a CD(RW) blank. The copied cd would then rip easily enough - don’t ask me why.

G

Same here, any “problem” CD, “disc-copied” to CD-rom on my MacBook, using Toast Titanium, always rips perfectly on my HDX.

I have often suggested this way of doing things in the past, which seems to me to be much simpler than purchasing and using third party ripping software.

I used yesterday melco with an old external Plextor usb drive for a test the ripping was okey…comparing the same cd with Unity core I rip before,core was fuller more in focus and better in all paraments.

i ripped a lot with dbpoweramp since 3 days. Tomorrow i will try to transfer the rips from my unitserve, with assistance from a melco user
I will share and say if i hear differences.
I know DB found the melco ripper the best, but i don’t want to invest 1k on it.

Does DB means that Melco ripper is better then naim Unity core…that’s a surprise for me

I don’t know if he has compared the melco ripper ( 1k) with the uniticore ( which is a server too). The melco ripper is only a ripper.
@Darkebear, can you respond ? :bear::panda_face:

I have - when I said what I heard before it upset a lot of people and I got hate posts - so I’m going to modify my answer to say they are all the same of course. :cold_sweat:

…but I decided to but the Melco Ripper because I liked what it did, and it was easy to use.
I had hundreds of CDs to rip and the Melco was load-pres button - wait - done - next…for a few days-weeks.

My Dealer did do comparison Naim rip vd DBpoweamp with USB drive vs Melco using same drive vs Melco using expensive Melco ripper.

I did only want to do this once and had presumed all to be the same - but there was enough difference to validate my choice for me with my system.

DB.

when you say “ naim rip” , it was uniticore rips?
Your dealer did the comparison with you too?
I will be able to compare dbpoweramp rips with my 2010 dell xps vs unitserve rips in the next days. Interesting!