Beyond Nightwish

I did not know that Candice Night did other stuff apart performing strictly with her husband Ritchie Blackmore…? Maybe she did the above before joining with RB.

Candice and Avantasia released Moonglow as a single in 2019.

But I don’t think she toured with them that year.

This lady is remarkable (IMO). She has been with Richie Blackmore longer than he was in Deep Purple…!!

1 Like

Indeed she has, not only that she toured with him in all their extensive tours each year! Add to that she produced two children with him. For all Ritchie Blackmore’s idiosyncrasies whether bad or good I think he has something very special with her… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

:rofl: You guys are going to hate me saying this. This is reason I never went over to vinyl and wife always worry when I bring it up. She knows me too well… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Just streamed Ayreon Universe on the Muso out of curiosity.

Oh ruddy hell, another rabbit hole.

2 Likes

I’m already in there… You need to catch me up… :rofl:

Just finished playing through 01011001 - in full - twice…!!

1 Like

As has been discovered by several participants of this thread Arjen Anthony Lucassen has the ability to pick up the phone and ask if the receiver of the call would like to be part of his latest project.

It’s probably no secret that his ‘other’ project Star One is releasing a new album next year (18 Feb 2022). Revel in Time.
From Wikipedia
The music of Star One is heavier than that of Lucassen’s progressive rock/metal opera project Ayreon, drawing influences from 1970s space rock and blending them with modern progressive metal. Lucassen explained that the songwriting was different in that Star One songs are built on guitar riffs whereas Ayreon songs stem primarily off chord arrangements. However, similarities still exist mainly in the song arrangements, the multi-layered vocals, and the use of synthesizers and Hammond organs as part of the main instrumentation.

So far,
Floor Jansen
Steve Vai contributes a guitar solo
Roy Khan (Conception)
Irene Jansen
Tony Martin (Ex Black Sabbath)
Marcela Bovio
Timo Somers (Ex Delian) contributes a guitar solo
Brittany Slayes (Unleash The Archers)
Michael Romeo ( Symphony X ) contributes a guitar solo
Lisa Bella Donna plays Moog
Joe Lynn Turner (Rainbow et al)
Michael Mills (Toehider Ayreon)
Are amongst the participants announced so far.

1 Like

Star One is just one of Arjen’s ‘other’ projects… There are also Ambeon, The Gentle Storm, Guilt Machine and Stream of Passion.

Prolific…? Thats an understatement…

Wikepedia - Arjen_Anthony_Lucassen_Discography

Currently listening to the “one off” Ambeon album Fate of a Dreamer from 2001 on YouTube
With the 14 year old Astrid Van Der Veen yet another 2000’s Dutch singer

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Graveyard Star is a great album. Big Mostly Autumn fan - all albums in collection and numerous gigs under my belt. The celtic Floyd label a bit over worked although some great guitar similar to Gilmour.

3 Likes

We could go on with these for days but I just love the reactions:

2 Likes

Yes… we could… but that would be… :astonished:

The Poet & The Pendulum - Wembley, UK - 2016

Still with Marko, but now Kai on Drums.

2 Likes

Star One’s - Revel In Time - just released, I think…

Anywho… here’s some…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.