Bid on NAC 282 when drunk (my birthday..) - will this pair well with a NAP 200 non DR Thanks

Bid on NAC 282 when drunk (my birthday…) - will this pair well with a 200?? Thanks

8 Likes

Ha ha. Classic! I’ve done that a few times.

Not to worry, the 282 will work very well with a 200.

At a show a couple of years ago Naim were showing a streamer through a 282 and power amp into Focals. I asked Naim’s Mark Raggett where they’d hidden the PSU for the pre, assuming it was a 250 power amp, as it sounded excellent. He smiled and told me it was a 200 powering the 282, I was very impressed. So based on that experience I’d say you’ve got a great combination.

1 Like

A NAC282 and NAP200 is an excellent pairing.

I was very happy with my 282/200, although it was the DR version. Still, I’m sure you’ll still enjoy yours. A HicapDR would be very worthwhile as a next step, though.

Oh, forgot to say Happy Birthday. :champagne:

1 Like

That’s the set I had, very nice. Happy birthday!

Hahaha, happy birthday!

1 Like

Excellent drunk purchase! I’d like a 282 next for my system. Gonna have to wait tho :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

When is your birthday? And have you got enough booze in? :grinning:

You could always get drunk again and get a NAP300 of course!

8 Likes

Fantastic! Happy birthday!! Enjoy :wink:

On partner’s birthday. “Oh a HiCap for your 282, you really shouldn’t have. :rage:”. “But dear, the 300 DR I bought us can’t power the 282.”

1 Like

Happy Birthday, cheers, salut, and I’m sorry. Did I cover all the bases?

Ran that pairing for many years. Superb. In fact I preferred the 200 to the old non DR 250.

Regards,

Lindsay

Great birthday present. Al the best :+1:

Emphatically yes but the 282 really needs a HiCap IMO. It’ll work being driven from the 200 but you’re missing out on so much.

I run 282 + Non DR HiCap and Non DR 200. It sounds rather good.

May, and no, not nearly enough for a 282 :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you all for your comments…I feel utterly grim this morning, (cheers Lagavulin) but some consolation is that 282 might be coming my way…the overwhelming response is that it is a good match for the 200, so fingers crossed!

Happy Birthday. It could have been worse; I once bought a six foot tall, octagonal aquarium under similar circumstances!

3 Likes