Billie Eilish disappeared from Qobuz?

Went to listen to Happier Than Ever tonight and no sign of it in my Roon library or directly in Qobuz. No other BE albums either. Qobuz working fine otherwise. Anyone else in the UK finding the same ?

All good here.

1 Like

And here. It’s that crappy old Linn that’s the problem.

1 Like

Very strange - thanks both. I’ll check my account is ok.

Edit - back again now.

Edit - Did it again today, so a restart of Roon and the DSM fixed it. Virgin media have been doing some work of late which has resulted in a bit of strange behaviour. Strange caching of web pages and the forum was unavailable for a few hours yesterday evening. I’ll put it down to that.

Jealousy is such a terrible thing!

1 Like

As is not realising it’s just a little joke for James.

4 Likes

@james_n
James - did you get a Linn?

Best
Gregg

1 Like

He has the lovely new Klimax DSM Organik, hence my little joke.

2 Likes

I have. The crappy old Linn is sounding rather fine this afternoon playing Billie Eilish.

5 Likes

Is the 220 taking a line input off the DSM out of interest?

@james_n let me know how you did it :wink:

1 Like

It is.

Now now. She’s very good !

1 Like

Nice! And……?
As you know my Rossini (now APEX) kicked my KDS/3 out of the 552/500 system and into the other room with all the headphones. While it is not cheap I am starting to warm up to the idea of upgrading the KDS to Organik.

Did you have the chance to do a Katalyst/Organik comparison?

Best
Gregg

1 Like

All the Klimax streamer/preamp needs is a matching Orgasmik power amp and you’d have a small but wonderful setup. It’s quite something to think that one little box can achieve what takes four boxes, and an extra £20,000, with Naim.

3 Likes

100% on the money. This will be my future.

Two years ago I was confronted (at age 60) with what to do with my 552/500 which needed DR and a 15 year recap. I decided to roll the dice one last time and sent them into Chris West AV Options for a workup. My thought process was that I would be good for another 15 years until age 75.

Seeing James setup makes me think I may not last that long :wink:

Best
Gregg

PS Nigel - an alternative is what another friend here in the States runs - active ATC50’s. One can lose the amplifier and distill it down to one single box and a pair of active speakers. One could also go the Linn route of active speakers - although me thinks the ATC’s may be a touch better :laughing:

In the meanwhile I will shortly start on my test/quest for simplification. We purchased a second home in Italy this year (the Mrs. is an Italian national) and last month I purchased a 2 year old pair of Tablette 10 Signatures in Ebony. They are already sitting at my in-laws. When I get to Italy in September the next purchase will be a Naim Atom.

One streaming box and a pair of ProAc’s - what else does one need!

3 Likes

A middle ground option here could also be a Selekt DSM with pre out module and a pair of active speakers (ATV etc)

1 Like

Curiously, I thought you had to pay extra to get a KDSM that didn’t play Billie Eilish…

4 Likes

I have listened to the new KDSM several times now, at the Dealers, at the Linn factory, and a home demo…best streamer I have heard. I made a mistake…told Mrs Pud how much it cost…

So sold the NDS and got a new KDSM/2 Klimax (at a good price)…at least as good as the NDS. As soon as the Organik upgrade was available I upgraded…much better, not (obviously) as good as the full fat KDSM however well worth doing IMHO. Prob around at least 75% of the KDSM at around 50% of the cost new…
The pre in the KDSM/2 is not good enuf (for me) to run direct into power amp/s or active speakers. So currently sticking with 552DR/500DR. I think a nice integrated amp would be a good solution for me and am actively looking…
If a good deal came up on a KDSM in the future I could be interested, when Linn refresh their power amps hopefully in a ‘matching’ case it could be very interesting…

Enjoy

3 Likes