Binge Worthy TV Series

I am currently on the last series of Catastrophe, binge watching on Netflix. I am really enjoying the characters, the story lines and the dialogue - really sharp (and adult). I had heard it mentioned and reviewed well a number of times; it has just taken a while for it work its way up my watchlist.

1 Like

Re-watching this for the umpteenth time. Phil and Nige the dodgy coppers steal the show for me :grinning:

4 Likes

I loved the show. But one of the worst endings ever? My wife and I were really disappointed in how it ended so abruptly. It felt incomplete and rushed.

1 Like

Silo on Apple TV. Really great work by Rebecca Ferguson, and a fantastic twist at the end! Very moody and atmospheric, but a wonderful sci-fi yarn. Season 2 already picked up, I believe!

5 Likes

Recently finished Tulsa King Season 1 on Paramount.

Sylvester Stallone stars as an old mafia capo who went down for 25 years, did his time, and finds things aren’t quite as expected when he gets out and tries to rejoin the old ‘family’.

Great fun.

3 Likes

A new series of “Two Doors Down” is filming, and the good news is that Cathy is coming home.

Goan yersel, hen. :scotland:

4 Likes

Sharm cuisine probably doesn’t agree with her. Or the camels.

1 Like

Poor show without her. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Series 5 of Fargo has started … Cohen brothers still involved so could be bloody.

3 Likes

I have to recommend ‘A Nearly Normal Family’ on Netflix. Watched it all on a wet afternoon!

1 Like

Slow Horses on Apple TV. Yesterday i binged this whole series, so far.
If you are a fan of British MI5 stories, as i am, you’ll love this one. Gary Oldman at his very very best and to be honest, at least as good as Alex Guinness was as George Smiley.
The picture quality is so good and the way it’s filmed is just sublime…the sound although ATMOS, could be better to be honest.

9 Likes

My setup says 5.1 multi channel I thought it sounds reasonable with that in mind.

@carlp Thanks for the heads up - we watched it all on Sunday. We generally enjoy everything Scandi.

1 Like

Kid 1 and I are watching band of brothers. AV2 and it’s company provide sterling service.

Watched a rather emotional 3 part documentary on John Lennons murder on Apple TV. Didn’t really offer anything new all it did was made me feel sad.

3 Likes

Marcus Waring - Christmas Cookery on the Food Channel , binge watched the first five episodes and will try the sprouts and slow roasted belly pork on New Year’s Day .

Along with some nice cider, an apple crumble with some calvados

4 Likes

Fargo series 5 is excellent. 2 episodes in.

Tab
Kk

3 Likes

From Walter Presents on C4. From Scandinavia - but not Noir… :slightly_smiling_face:

Its lovely… IMO.

1 Like

Reacher Season 2

Have to say that I have found this rather disappointing.

The plot feels rather worn, the detail is inaccurate and the firearms scenes laughable.

For instance:
The team break into a facility. Hard drives are stripped out of servers, in seconds, without any notes and without any power down. The team expert is able to reconstruct usable data from these HDD.

Guessing passwords with three opportunities to get it right.

People walk towards guns whilst they blaze away.

Car doors shelter people from bullets.

…etc.

The whole thing just smacks of lazy writing. I love Reacher as a central character, but quickly grew tired of the book series.

This series feels like it has taken Child’s novel, added weak tropes and dumbed down the central character.

It is now OKish, if you are prepared to turn off all your critical faculties.

M

3 Likes

‘The Wall’ is a Walter Presents for the chilly weather. It has a fascinating real life setting.

G

1 Like