Birding Time, Your local and international patch…

Red berets

Imgur

Showing their faces for the first time after hearing their calls for over a week.

11 Likes

Had a visitor today, snaffles more bait than the fish !!!

12 Likes

Just returned from a Costa Rican birdwatching holiday. Some fabulous birds, here are just a few

14 Likes

Must go back again…… now of course you have to name them….:wink:

Turquoise browned Motmot, Scarlet Macaw,Fiery throated Hummingbird

I do enjoy watching wildlife behaviour in their natural habitat, it so happens most of that around here is birds!

I spent 7 or 8 minutes just watching this Wren bobbing and dipping around the reeds looking for some tasty morsels the other day. Delightful.

6 Likes

No scrambling around ponds and woodland for me.
Sat eating my spam butties and watching the TV, I get a hint that somebody else needs feeding.

2 Likes

Brilliant! I have a mate who lives there; I really must think about paying him a visit.

Nothing very exotic in our part of the world (southeast England) but this barn owl has been making a regular daily appearance for the past few weeks. Always a joy to see.

20 Likes

Great picture.

2 Likes

8 Likes

very impressive picture. You should publish it !

Thanks frenchrooster. It’s not good enough to publish if you look closely. It was heavily cropped and is quite noisy. I got some technically better ones on the day but I particularly liked the composition of this one.

1 Like

Fabulous birding destination, I loved it.
For such a small country it has a very wide range of habitats!
Rest of the wildlife was pretty stunning as well.
Nice to be reminded by your photos.

Imgur

Spring starts officially tomorrow but it is minus ten degrees now, blurring the ice and water, making madame crane be more careful taking her steps.

9 Likes

Canadian Repose

It is undecided yet whether a single foot is more relaxing or just a show-off…

4 Likes

Keeps your toes warm if you can do it

1 Like

A dry moment

Imgur

7 Likes

More from Costa Rica

17 Likes

9 Likes