Birding Time, Your local and international patch…

Hunting Kestrel.

13 Likes

Excellent, excellent picture!
Tim

1 Like

A couple of weeks ago my pet wood pigeon returned, not seen him for 6 month. I did think he’d been killed.
However, he was quickly chased away by a younger/stronger pigeon who has claimed my garden as his territory.

1 Like

A couple of fledgling wood pigeons appeared over the last few day. The offspring of my new resident pigeons. I’m surprised they survived so early in the year.

There’s going to be more on the way.

2 Likes

The wind will carry us

Imgur

It looked like I would end my seven miles walk carrying the 5 pounds of a Nikon and its 300mm lens empty handed when a Red-Tailed-Hawk appeared out of nowhere, showing no fear, performing landings and take offs in a very close vicinity. I felt privileged.

Imgur

13 Likes

That was worth the wait. Beautiful.

1 Like

Great shot. :+1:

1 Like

A few shots from a trip to Perthshire last week.

Dipper

Coal Tit

Tree Sparrow

Starling

Pheasant

Yellowhammer (f)

Cheers,

Ian

13 Likes

Look at that talon! A dragon?
Talons

Nope, just a hawfinch.

11 Likes

That just highlights their evolution. Reptiles with wings obviously been drinking Red Bull. :grin:

I get woken up by this fella (and his missus is usually close by). A real bonus considering I’m right in downtown Montreal. Get quite a few varieties. Woodpeckers, purple finches, blue jays. Even saw a hummingbird once. And an occasional peregrine falcon (feeding on an unfortunate pigeon). Shame post doesn’t allow video as the song is really cool.

7 Likes

Would be nicer pic if in the tree and not on the feeder but I guess this is an easier source of protein!

10 Likes

A little Bunting for the coronation?

7 Likes

May I ask what this is?

1 Like

Sun Bear . There’s a few at Chester Zoo.

2 Likes

It’s a Tayra

1 Like

The young Canadians

Imgur

I don’t know how responsible are the parents, allowing the babies to swim while it is snowing.

6 Likes

Hopefully some more young Canadians soon. This guy has been busy outside my window and can’t wait for the leaves to come.

4 Likes

Not on speaking terms

Imgur

Sandhill Cranes.

7 Likes

The common (Australian) magpie voted our favourite bird in countless surveys. Its song is a thing of beauty. The only downside they can attack unsuspecting humans during nesting period.

8 Likes