Birding Time, Your local and international patch…

arghh sorry :slight_smile:

Imgur
Little gull earlier on this year - flying past a boat wreck on the Deben

4 Likes

Hard lesson learned for this poor youngster. I have a lot of glass and looks like his rate of climb wasn’t good enough. What I presume are the parents are buzzing around no doubt wondering what happened. I think it’s a yellow warbler.

1 Like

No-one told us we’d be sharing our holiday with the Swallow family this year….

(Excuse the poor ipad pic…)

7 Likes

Joining in with the pool fun now too, about a dozen of them swirling around and dipping for a drink or a meal on the wing. Amazing.

3 Likes

Young spotted flycatchers just about to leave their nest a.k.a. hanging flower basket.
As you can see, flowers had to be neglected during nesting.

10 Likes

New arrivals. Never seen Greenfinches in our garden before but a pair have been floating around over the last couple of days. I assume they’ve moved in somewhere around here. Quite shy.

8 Likes

Nice to see. We have had to remove our bird feeders due to rats. Seem to have gone after many weeks….we try again.

1 Like

Sheltering from the drizzle

Shame it loses something in upload to thread, the darker patches on the rear of the wings are quite iridescent.

3 Likes

And has remarkably large middle fingers…

7 Likes

Seems they’re right to be a bit jumpy…

2 Likes

Lovely to see a Greenfinch, I’m hoping for a better variety this year. In the meantime I did manage to capture a House Martin in flight which I converted to black and white to bring out the feather structure.

Tim

8 Likes

I think I was too close to the nest. Wouldn’t leave me alone til I cleared off.

8 Likes

And a little artistic license

1 Like

I got one of those…

Red Kite

7 Likes

Another new face in the garden. Someone must be sending out invites.

6 Likes

Yep, that’s just how I open stuff too.

5 Likes

Sick foot.

4 Likes

No…You f— off!

(This one was over the road in nature reserve, not my garden. Although we do get Spotted and Green Woodpeckers from time to time.)

6 Likes

Ahh, a rare John Terry Woodpecker !

Seriously Jamie, you have some fabulous bird photos on this thread
:slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

1 Like