Birding Time, Your local and international patch…

That eye is piercing - I see why that’s one of Chris Packham’s favourite ‘bird things’. Spot on focus, nice capture! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Nice bokeh! :ok_hand:

1 Like

A Cooper’s hawk taking off, near my home 2 days ago.

5 Likes

A few days ago my pet wood pigeon turned up.

He seems to be taking advantage of the fact, the male that usually controls my garden (as far as pigeons are concerned), is otherwise occupied.

He used to control my garden for many years, but got kicked off by a younger/stronger pigeon about three years ago.

He visited once last year with a group of four pigeons, but didn’t stick around.

Looking back at my photos, he was in the garden in Oct 2013, so he’s at least 10 years old. Wikipedia states they typically live 3 years. So, he’s not doing too bad.

Oct 2013

2 Likes

I think it is his great great grandson.

1 Like

Baby Robin

Too young to be fearful and with a most gentle tweet.

7 Likes

An early bird…

8 Likes

Discovered a wood pigeon nest in the garden this morning.

First time I’ve seen a nest in the wild cherry tree. It’s going to get very busy in there when the cherries appear next month. :hear_no_evil:

3 Likes

Jamie,
Can you give me any views regarding Topaz Photo AI ?
‘We’ll’ give Sheff. Utd. a goal start on Saturday if u can… :rofl:

I tried it and found it a bit ‘strong’, always having to dial it down somewhat so figured, what’s the point?! Not a fan personally.

I do use the Denoise AI but I noticed that started turning things a bit ‘waxy’, it also alters the colour/brightness a bit, so you have to back up a little on the image produced. It is useful though but I think it’s less good than it was.

From what I’ve read, others may be better, On1 from memory, but not tried it.

1 Like

Common round here today, a wetncoldfinch…

8 Likes

Bucking the sun

Imgur

My suggestion to turn towards the low sun so we can appreciate his bright yellow eyes as well as the rest of his heron colourings took a very long time to sink in… Next time I will bring a tripod with me.

9 Likes

On Saturday evening we went for a walk with other members of our local wildlife trust. We have a protected wetland area on the river Avon flood plain near us. With the help of the Merlin App in some instances, we saw or heard: Cuckoo, Reed Bunting, Reed Warbler, Cetti’s Warbler, Blackcap, lots of Long Tail Tits and many of the usual suspects as well. The light was fading but very enjoyable.

5 Likes

15 Likes

Been digging in your lawn I see…

Ants - or ant eggs.

Poor bedraggled Woody after yesterday’s deluges attacking fat balls & coconut with gusto (and massive beak). Apols for the photo - crap phone camera thru a window.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Slanted vintage point

A Tree Swallow having a quiet afternoon moment over a river bank.

8 Likes

Perky tits…

10 Likes