Birding Time, Your local and international patch…

Lunchtime!

Mum and Dad very busy feeding their 2 young at the moment. Although the oldest really ought to be doing it himself but he seems a bit dim (or knows when he’s onto a good thing). This is the younger of the two. (Rather heavily cropped and shot through windows so not a brilliant photo).

Separately, out for a walk this morning which confirmed my impression that the skylark population has a noticeable increase in numbers around here this year which is good news.

13 Likes

Tangential this but I’ve just looked at the weather forecast and for the first time I can remember it’s forecast to be dry all week here (Cambridgeshire) !!

Not just nice for us but hopefully the Juvees and their food supply too.

1 Like

Some Bar-tailed Godwits, enjoying a brief burst of sunshine.

Cheers,

Ian

7 Likes

Details of a project to find 126 ‘lost’ species of birds

1 Like

In the heat of the day

Imgur

No sounds. A Cedar Waxing is panting heavily.

10 Likes

I am nobody

…without my colorful epaulettes and a bit of sun.

5 Likes

A Partridge, but not in a pear tree.

Cheers,

Ian

13 Likes

Give me those hot chips now.

5 Likes

A huge crop of a distant Ring Ouzel, so ‘nil points’ for quality!

Cheers,

Ian

6 Likes

A common sight in south west Florida. Burrowing owls welcome you at the front door.

12 Likes

Brindle

A departing Green Heron. We have severe flooding expanding the river drastically including the fishing grounds of the water birds.

7 Likes

Fab photo

1 Like

Thanks. The guy was unexpectedly on the trail which was covered by a few inches of river water filled with tiny swimming fish. Here he is trying to gage if I am too close for comfort:

2 Likes

Taken last year. A point for the type of bird. Two bonus points for the location… :grin:

Sorry about the quality. Lens too short !

Black Vulture, widespread thru southern USA, Central America and northern South America

1 Like

One point Mike.
You need to say which country for the bonus points… :grin:

Perm any 1 from 18, not good odds.

:grin: Costa Rica.

I have to buy myself a proper birding lens. My 75-300 is waaaay too short. These guys for instance just wouldn’t come closer to me !
Ireland in April.

Biggest crop I dare…

2 Likes

In the meantime, photo larger birds.
This is a slightly larger and like your Oster Catcher, its also black & white

3 Likes