Blue Jeans Ethernet cables

Gotta say the BJC is winning for me over the AQ vodka. For my system the vodka renders things a touch brighter on vocals, not my thing. To be honest I don’t think there’s barely a noticeable difference between the two anyway. Especially for the price difference. They’re basically about the same, but ones prettier. The only thing I notice is vocals, and accentuating the ssssss and sssshss, drives me nuts :rofl: they both sound great on electronic music too. Gonna plough on through over the weekend (Maybe I’ll change my mind) but it looks like the AQ will be going back on Monday, I like the sound of both of them, both very similar, but the AQ has a habit that annoys me… was hoping it would disappear but it hasn’t so far…

2 Likes

Well at least your’e giving it a go and hearing for yourself your preferences. Can’t argue with that. I agree with you in that the price differences between those two cables are far bigger than in their sonic differences. I think between the two the BJCs are extraordinarily good value for money. The AQ cables are very expensive, there’s no getting away from that. After reading your post above I think I’ll slip the BJC back in this evening although I always end up putting the Vodka back in after a while, regardless…

2 Likes

You succeeded very well in that search :smile:

1 Like

Full loom BJ now. Whouah! The Vodka has returned to its package.

Stephen

2 Likes

Keep up FR it returned a while ago, then Stephen has a habit of changing day to day.

2 Likes

Wow, actually discussing bjc on the bjc thread? How novel! Congratulations to those responsible for getting the thread back on track!

1 Like

The Vodka is a bit exuberant. With poor recordings and/ or a little bright system, it can reveal shortcomings in the recording or the system.
The BJ are less resolving, my opinion of course, so the shortcomings are more tamed.
But it may also be a default in the vodka.
In my system, I have some very poor recordings, not a lot, and they were more listenable with the BJ when I tried it. However I have only 3 or 4 albums like that, which sound a bit strident on some high frequencies.

1 Like

I compared to BJC Cat 6’s as well. The 6a’s worked better in my set-up and network. Just shows there is no set result and it’s system dependent. I’ve also noticed I don’t get any more drop outs from Iradio, Tidal etc.

3 Likes

Not getting anymore drop outs suggests you are on the edge with something. I assume by this you mean what ever it was you had before BJC Cat6, so what was it you had that problem with.

That I don’t know for sure. Since I’ve added the BJC cables from modem to 2960 and from 2960 to 272 and NAS I haven’t experienced any dropouts. Not sure if it’s correlated or coincidence. I had basic cat 5 from modem to 2960 and AQ from 2960 to 272 and NAS before.

OK, maybe one of those things, maybe a bad Cat5 previous cable. Something for the notes book.

That’s it I’m a fully converted BJC man. I have my favourite Deacon Blue album on and I’m hearing more mid-range with bottom end slam as well as a naturalness that is missing with the Vodka. I’m quite pleased now as I can sell the Vodka and get a goose for Christmas. Cheers all!

2 Likes

To next episode Stephen :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Say what you find, that’s my motto from now on…

I burned my BJ cat 6 a around 60 hours. I very doubt a butterfly will emerge from them , even after 1000 hours. :star_struck::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I think you are a bit influenced by people inner experiences. Mon finally preferred the BJ and you decided to connect them again.
Why not try a blind test with a friend or your wife. They will connect Vodka or BJ without saying you which one. If for 20 tracks you prefer 13/ 14 tracks with vodka vs BJ, then it will say you that you prefer Vodka. Or the contrary of course. Just the last leg, between nd5xs2 and Cisco.
Maybe you are not influenced, but you strongly tend to doubt of you.

I don’t need to blind test my wife, she is already blind :rofl: We both agree, the Vodka is better but, we keep trying to give things a go…to be honest with you there is not much in it, the AQ are a rip off by comparison if the truth be told.

4 Likes

What is “ rip off” ?

Taking the p*ss.

Selling fairly low cost or normal quality at ridiculous prices…or as Stephen put it taking the p*ss.

1 Like