Bluetooth audio lag after firmware update

Same here, approx 2 seconds latency when in BT mode.

Hi there,

I am having this same issue after the firmware update. I hope it will be resolved soon.

Thank you Naim team

Welcome to the Forums - you’ll find lots of help and advice here.

As noted, a solution is being sought.

In the meantime, a reminder that Bluetooth, although convenient, is the least best way to stream to your Mu-so.

The Mu-so 2nd Generation family - including Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation - also support Chromecast and AirPlay, Spotify Connect, TIDAL Connect and fully integrated TIDAL and Qobuz support. They’re Roon-ready, too.

All these options will sound considerably better than Bluetooth, and regardless of this short-term bug, we’d urge you to use any of these options ahead of it.

2 Likes

Hi Clare, is there any ETA for the fix? The workarounds do not apply if Mu-so occassionally serves as a wireless PC speaker.

Hi, same problem here. Impatiently awaiting the audio delay fix. Happy New Year.

Hi All,

Just before Christmas the third party supplier who delivers this component provided a fix. It will go through the usual internal and public beta test process, and if all good we’ll release it as a v4.3.1 service patch release.

At the same time we’re going through all other customer feedback on v4.3 and aim is to sort out any other bugs or undesirables introduced in this release.

Best wishes

Steve Harris
Software Director

1 Like

Hello, Do you know any approx. date when the update will be released? How long the testing will take?

2 Likes

Same here after update to 4.3.0 (6408), 2 seconds delay in all apps on iPad when sending the audio via Bluetooth to the Qb2.

It seems that help is already on the way; waiting eagerly for 4.3.1.

1 Like

I am experiencing the same problem and I think it is critical.
Please update the firmware as soon as possible.
If it is not possible, please let us know downgrade the firmware.

Same here, this problem occured after firmware upgrade and would love to have it back as it used to work before please

I appreciate the need for beta testing (although this feature-breaking bug slipped through this process) but it would be great if there could be some commitment or outline of an ETA.

This is a regression and a pretty significant issue for everyone who is using Mu-so as a “hub” device.

There are not that many people in the beta, it is difficult to cover everything, and Bluetooth is not the most popular thing …

I understand that; what I don’t fully understand is that if the external vendor provided fix before Christmas, and the fix is isolated to the bluetooth component, why a hotfix for that and that only couldn’t be expedited earlier.

My qB sits in my office and is occassionally connected to my PC when I stream TV - can’t do that for several months now due to a bug that was apparently fixed more than a month back.

1 Like

It may depend on how big that fix is. If its a one-line code change, then you might produce a hot fix, but Naim are very much concerned with what effects changes have, so if it’s a whole new Library of code, then Naim would want to do a more thorough amount of testing, whereas other manufacturers may just not bother.

1 Like

Same issue here as well. Chromecast appears also affected.

It is a really shame that a speaker close to $1k has an audio lag problem with the most basic bluetooth function. I couldn’t use my naim muso qb2 over a month after the firmware upgrade. I think engineers in naim have to give us a way to downgrade the firmware if the fix takes time.

1 Like

It is not great, I agree. Just saying that I am not surprised if none of the users in the Beta group use Bluetooth, or not in such a way that the lag would be noticed

Hi all! I just bought the Mu-so Qb as a sound bar and it is totally useless. After reading this here, especially that this has been going on for over a month now. I am seriously considering returning it and getting something else. Luckily I have 2 weeks to decide. I just find this unacceptable that there is no ETA given by Naim for when this bugfix will be made available to us.

update on the fix when?

What is the action being taken on this issue? Please answer us…