Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2024 - New Product Launch

… with 4 quad amps, 2 nord class d amps, and another box doing dsp. Sounded pretty good actually.

My speakers still sounding excellent in the upstairs proac room with exposure electronics.

Linn sounding … ok but not worth over £200k in my personal opinion.

8 Likes

How big is that Harbeth bass driver?

Don’t know, 12 inch??

New pre power coming from rega somewhere around £12k still in the prototyping.

New rega nd7 mm cart £400 and something, above “exact”.

The aya speakers sounded good. Also the new ish pmc prodigy 5 at £2k very good.

Didn’t listen to any Naim. Just said hello to Mark, Jason, Henry, James, saw ex md Charlie.

4 Likes

Looks like the 40.3 driver in an oversized SHL5 cabinet-ish.

1 Like

at bristol the kudos 505 run with the new active crossover and naim electronics sounded pretty good considering the tiny room the crossover price yet to be decided they said around 6k

1 Like

i think it looks quite nice but for some reason a little bit monotone (i know what i mean)

i do pref the green on classic gear, its got soul and boogie

1 Like

Indeed yes I thought it looked very odd.
Mine are all Green :heart_eyes:

1 Like

mate mine are staying green…probably forever!

2 Likes

I wasn’t drawn in either, the demo opposite with the Aria’s I spent more time with.
I didn’t leave thinking I’d be doing a trade in deal for a PE come Monday morning put another way.

Just back home, It has its own part number from what JG was saying and is available to order via dealers, it would be SL XLR 1.5m or similar description at a guess.

1 Like

Going to the show tomorrow. Where do you get tickets for the Naim demo?

At the Naim/Focal Headphone Bar in the Brunel Suite. Up the main stairs onto the first floor and to your left.

Those price reductions. Ouch.

2 Likes

Thank you, will update my dealer accordingly. :grinning:

ATB, J

2 Likes

Is this normal for manufacturers to discount like this at the show. I’d be seriously miffed if I had just purchased at non show price.

Or maybe going to buy but not able to get to the show and having to pay full price.

I suspect your dealer would offer this if you asked. I am tempted to test this theory with the atom HE

Naim don’t sell direct to the public. Audio T, who organise the show, usually offer discounts during the show for show attendees on a range of items from many of the brands they stock.

2 Likes

It’s subtle maybe, but deals from dealers is one thing and part of the general to and fro of things, but from a manufacturer…… (English Acoustics in this case).

Is that really something to get upset about?