Bubble, minim & lumin?

Actually SiS has just told me on a parallel track I started tonight that the WiFi leg will screw up the inter frame timing on the media bursts (or similar).

So while it might be a worthwhile test, it will probably then lead me on to get an RPi of some sort to run bubble.

It’s a bit late to test it now, but I’ll do it soon and report back.

If it does work I think I would really miss the Naim app.

1 Like

After using the Naim app and Kazoo I really appreciate the Naim app.
Looking forward to hearing what you think.

1 Like

Are you using folder view in the Lumin app? Otherwise, you won’t see what Mimim presents to the app. If you do, you’ll get the same information as in the Naim app.

If you look in the MinimServer user guide, you will see that the Lumin app is listed as “fully compatible” (with Minim) whereas the Naim app is “mostly compatible”. In practice, the difference is minimal. I slightly prefer the way the playing queue is handled in the Lumin app, but that’s just me!

Roger

You cant use the Naim app to control Bubble UPnP. You need a controller that supports OpenHome such as Linn Kazoo or Lumin or Mconnect HD. To get Tidal via a proxy server you need Bubble UPnP.

2 Likes

Thanks CG
I love the Naim app, but would give it up for better SQ.
Which do you rate as the best to control Tidal via bubble?
Linn Kazoo or Lumin or Mconnect HD or ANOther?
Are Squeezebox or LMS other options??

Nope no others I know off will control BubbleUPnP. I prefer their own app to all of them, but it only runs on Android I am afraid not iOS. Mconnect is the better looking of the other 3 but I found it very unreliable at connecting and gapless was a bit hit and miss. Lumin is frankly horrible layout and Kazoo is fairly basic. Try them all and make a choice is the best option.

Other options would be to try out LMS or Audivarna, or Amara if your a mac user, although not sure Amara does UPnP.

1 Like

I’ll have a look on the apple store and see what’s there
thanks CG - a mine of useful info as always
cheers
Jim

last Q - did you get a SQ uplift from using bubble?

I’ve never used it as my main listening as I have had Roon for years which is why I went for the Atom at the time and before that LMS and Raspberry pis which had Tidal already. I only use Bubble combined with Asset to get access to my library outside my home and for Qobuz before Roon integrated it.

1 Like

So just wanted to update my Bubble/Tidal experience… After mucking about in Bubble server settings (on the Qnap) I’ve made my SuperUniti into an OpenHome renderer. Which then I chose as player in the Bubble control software on my Android phone. Okay! now I can tell a big difference in SQ playing from Tidal. :grin:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.