Bubble Server Won't connect

I don’t use Bubble any more as I now have Roon.

I used Bubble client on my Android tablet. Sadly it’s not available on iOS so you are stuck with Kazoo to see the Openhome rendered. :neutral_face:

Ok, just trying to understand how Raspberry Pi would help my situation. I don’t use Roon. I’m just trying to get at a better sonic rendering of Tidal.

The RasPi runs Bubble Server configured to connect to Tidal and transcoding. Just as you’ve already done on the QNAP.

You then use an Openhome client on your Control point just as you are doing now.

The only difference is your streamer will receive WAV from the RasPi instead of FLAC from the QNAP with improved SQ over using your NAS. A new Pi is 50 quid or less.

Tidal then sounds the same as local.

:grinning:

I managed to get my Sonos speakers streaming from the QNAP NAS with bubbleupnp server and Asset on the NAS, the Sonos created as an OpenHome renderer and bubbleupnp Android client. Sonos app would let me browse the Asset library but it would only play one track at a time. With the above setup I can use bubbleupnp on my Android device and stream both local and Qobuz to the Sonos in gapless flac.

Ok, when you say control point what do you mean? I wouldn’t be using Kazoo anymore, correct? Sorry, I’m a bit behind with the tech jargon. :smiley:

Control point is the device e.g. Android tablet, iPad etc

Oh ok, thanks, so what app would that be? Naim app?

Correct if the aim is serving Qobuz bits and bytes to 272 dac the mconnect flow will use WiFi for elements of process and yes server and control are the same but it’s not WiFi end2end.

Back to your original question - have you tried turning off/on NAS firewall and testing with/without.

If you are using iOS the it’s Kazoo just as you are using now. What control point are you using?

It’s a Mac isn’t it?

It’s working now so I’m good in that regard.

What I’m trying to do now is figure out how to transcode to wav. But I can’t do that b/c the ffmpeg stuff on my QNAP doesn’t work correctly and requires modification. Something I’m probably not going to do well. lol And as @Guinnless pointed out subsequent firmware upgrades will likely undo my work or cause complications.

I’d use mconnect if it would help me get Tidal transcoded to wav but I’m not sure how I could do that. The idea of the raspberry Pi seems doable but I don’t know how I get to me transcoding Tidal to wav.

I have Kazoo and the Naim apps on my Ipad Pro. If I can still use Kazoo that would be great.

This mconnect looks pretty slick and handles Tidal but not sure it would work for my set up.

It’s a simple config change on Bubble Server. Minutes to do.

The SQ is awful though. :flushed:

1 Like

Ok cool. So do I understand, the bubble server is installed on the Rasp Pi and I control it from my Mac like I do the QNAP? And Kazoo will see it like it sees the bubble server on the QNAP? And I could just plug the Rasp Pi into my switch like I do the NAS?

Spot on :+1:

Ok, this sounds like an option, I really would like to hear Tidal transcoded to wav on my 272.

It really does make Tidal sound like local.

Is there a particular model I should look for? I’m nervous about adding another power supply to the equation.