Building Lego

They’re really rather fun for the price. That one is somewhere around 1500 pieces.

Instruction booklet is excellent, if somewhat strange sentence construction and grammar :laughing: but the pictures are just as Lego.

I will look for the next one on one of the drop ship sites soon.

1 Like

I will have to keep my eyes open for those :+1:

Re-Startet with AMG one - fully remote - 3500 pcs

Mould king - 2 Modular’s licensed by a moc designer
4000 and 2700 pcs (each 109 Euro bought locally)

And my favorite
Castle bluestone
First set = 5250 pcs - extension (tower) 1700 pcs. 3 further extensions still boxed. At the end it will have 22000 pcs in total :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

They look fantastic and well up to Lego standards, as for the price, bargin’s! can’t wait to see the completed build of Castle bluestone, well impressed :+1:

2 Likes

Building techniques are a good point above Lego standards. No coloured pieces inside and strange building ways. Sometimes a bit tricky but at the end fantastic.
You can google for „Burg Blaustein - Hurde Erweiterung“

The bricks are excellent and you get 5250 pcs with a lot of big pieces. The first set - castle without tower wheighs over 4,5 kg

1 Like

The AMG looks nice. Might look into that.

I only really build “technics” sets - machinery, cars, trucks etc. Never been interested in buildings or generic sets.

A good proportion of these are now remote control or app control, which just makes them more fun to drive around the office.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info, going to have to investigate this, they do seem excellent value and v good quality :+1:

2 Likes

Yes they are - but you do not get a coloured box or printed instructions (castle) only many bricks and a lot of building fun. I really like the way they use bricks even in second row - walls of the caste are 2 stud wide. The inside is to the back of the outside. Inside it has walls with flowers on it. So nice

1 Like

I also started with technic Lego and still own a lot of the big technic sets (unimaginative, Arocs, crawler …).
You have to give the AMG a chance - bricks have a good quality. All is black and grey only. Also designed by a well known (from eurobricks forum) professional builder

2 Likes

I shall ask Santa :laughing:

3 Likes

Not having a coloured box wouldn’t bother me, I have seen the Blue Brixx site before, they have a very good selection of Railway Models too, think I need a " Go Fund Me" page… joking :grin:

2 Likes

Yesterday I showcased a “Mould King” model.

Today’s is Xingbao, also very high quality.

This one has more parts than it appears, there’s a fully functional V12 in there (moving pistons) and it’s steerable.

At some point I might rip out the V12 and put in RC motors to make it a cat chasing weapon.

6 Likes

I’ve never done a Lego in my life but seeing those beautiful examples up here I’ve decided to have a go but starting with something, I thought, simple.
Question: is it normal to have that many pieces left? :joy::rofl:

6 Likes

Welcome to the club :grin: to answer your question, re spare pieces left, yes it is, especially the small connecter pieces (black and grey ones)

You’ve made a nice job of that, can we expect to see the Countach’s bigger brother any time soon. :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you, Cmax. Never realised these things were so addictive. Started at 9;00pm last night and was still at it at 1:00am, only stopping due to some back and head ache. Great fun though.
As for the next one, watch this space. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

It’s normal for the small ones the black angled plates could be a „forgotten piece“
Congrats - now you are addicted :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Left over bricks are common, they tend to be the smaller bricks but not the big black ones on the left. They are actually used in the cockpit.

See section 47 for the black pieces behind the seat. I can see white forward-facing studs - I should be seeing black.

Then there should be black bits on the inside of the doors. See section 50 for what you should be doing with the black 2x2x1 L shaped plates.

And finally, the curved tiles at the front with the orange bits are supposed to go underneath…… see section 76.

OTOH, having taken the roof off mine to check, I realised I’d put the steering wheel on the wrong side! Taking Lego apart to correct the build is a fact of life. :laughing:

5 Likes

Wow, eagle-eyed you are. Thanks for those pointers.
Not a bad attempt me thinks for a first timer.
Those behind the seat are “air intakes”. I thought they looked better that way!:grin:

1 Like

Ah ha! Designed modifications to improve a build is perfectly acceptable, and indeed should be encouraged! Next thing you know, you’ll have acquired Titanic, start buying bricks and designs on Bricklink & Rebrickable……and then the Vikings will have gotcha! You will be assimilated; resistance is futile.

(Bit like Naim hifi, really….only cheaper!)

The “Speed Champions” series cars are very neat, and especially at pocket money prices! Here are mine.

And the moving finger slipped on the keyboard and the Ferrari F40 (76934) should be arriving tomorrow.

6 Likes

Following @Tony and his Countach build, this is my latest Lego Speed Champion 76935 Nascar Chevrolet Camaro sans stickers, I’m waiting for a few bricks to arrive so can rebuild it completely in black…

5 Likes