Building Lego

Wow that’s about a thousand more pieces than my LR Discovery…

I can see it going on my 2022 Birthday List :grinning:

Or maybe the Lambo Sian…and I still hanker after the Liebher Excavator…

1 Like

Loverly innit?

1 Like

Here’s the last one…

5 Likes

Is that the Lamborghini? (Basing that on the luminous green bricks in there!)

Yes it is.

1 Like

I love your high spec kitchen and open plan lounge (very stylish) :clap::relaxed:

1 Like

I have that lined up next :+1:t2::green_heart:

1 Like

Why thankyou - that’s my space, all my gear and very modern. We have a lounge where my wife’s love of soft furnishings is much more to the fore…managed to squeeze a Mu-So in there though :green_heart:

1 Like

Lego is fantastic when you are an adult or a kid. It is awful when you are an adult with kids. My god if I never step on a lego again it’ll be too soon. Especially in summer when you step on a small sharp lego, squeal in agony and put your foot down somewhere else only for the little sod to stick to the bottom of your foot and follow you around to torture you again.

I had a giant 60L trashcan filled with lego as a kid and it drove my mum nuts. I now know why. I learnt a lot of bad words very early thanks to that can of lego.

Right, I better get back to helping my daughter with her lego Friends hippy bus.

2 Likes

Currently in the process of building that last one. Now I just need to find a lego garage :slight_smile:

Family build collection in the kitchen :relaxed:

Wish list includes Space Shuttle, Home Alone House and the large Ideas Tree House, just need more shelves now.

4 Likes

This is great - and what a wonderful display - quirky, colourful, random, cool :sunglasses:

We live 20 minutes away from Legoland Windsor (UK) which is both a blessing and a curse!
I also get a discount in the Big Shop there for extra temptation :innocent:

1 Like

I have persuaded daughter #1 that she no longer needs her three Mindstorms sets (Invention 2,0, Vision & Droid Creator), and that they should be donated to a worthy cause……… i.e. Me!

So I’ve spent a happy couple of days sorting through it and working out which pieces are missing. Not too many as it happens, and they’ve either been replenished from my stock, or ordered from Bricklink.

However the PC Mindstorms software disks are secreted somewhere around the house, and they’re Windoze 98 anyway. May be able too run them in compatibility mode.

Bigger issue is that the alkaline batteries have been left in the two controller modules for about twenty years………with the inevitable result.

Oops,

1 Like

The Shuttle is magnificent.

On my wish list:
Millennium Falcon
Star Destroyer
Superstar Destroyer
Titanic
(new house big enough to indulge my models, not to mention my active SBLs)

Many many years ago, we loaded two daughters (around 7 & 9 ish) into the car, and told them we were sorry but Mum& Dad had to go look at carpets. So up the M3 and followed the brown signs. After the second or third brown sign, a voice from the back, “Dad, I thought you said we were going to look at carpets…….”. “Yes Lou, why do you ask?”. “Coz we’ve just passed three signs to Legoland”

She went to Oxford to study Maths……

3 Likes

White vinegar spray (as used for cleaning) is great for sorting out the mess from alkaline battery leakage.

It literally fizzes and dissolves the sludge in front of your eyes! Stops further corrosion too so a rinse with IPA and you can be back in business

2 Likes

Great thread this, so many thanks to the OP. Have played with Lego since my early childhood. Recent builds include the white G-model Porsche 911 Turbo, the F40 and the 911RSR. The Defender, the GT3 and the Rome Colloseum are patiently awaiting their turn. On a different note, anyone here know the German stone building sets by Anker (Anker Steinbaukasten)?

1 Like

between my sons and I we have the BMW RR1000, the BMW GS, Ducati Panigale, Harley Fat Bob bikes, the Ferrari 488, Porsche 911 RSR, Land Rover Defender, McLaren F1, McLaren Senna, Dodge Charger and loads and loads of Star Wars kits…I struggle to find homes for everything!

Here it’s so far just the 911 RSR and now the 488 #51. Plus a whole bunch of sets from 25-30 years ago, will have to dig around in my parents attic at some point to figure out what exactly.

1 Like