Building Lego

I understand, the building is the fun part. the Anker sets have a loyal following and the pre war sets are sold at special auctions.

1 Like

For those that like the 1/8th scale Lego Technic Cars such as myself….

….this is coming in early June :heart:

(Not posted the actual link to it on Lego - but it’s easy to find :wink:)

(It’s definitely 1/8th scale and not 1/18th scale as the article suggests :roll_eyes:)

2 Likes

This wasn’t me but a local guy. :+1:t2:

14 Likes

I had that one.
Loved it!!! :star_struck:

7 Likes

The big boys on school had these when I was 4/5. You must be a tad older than I am :slight_smile:

I turned 48 a couple of months ago… time flies! :sweat_smile:

Correct! 43 here. I still feel the urge in February to go to the toy shop to check for the new Lego catalogue.

A present. Happy me.

7 Likes

Nice, and now you need the lighting kit:

I’ve stayed in the hotel part of the tall black building. The top floor is a “panoramic” bar where every drink (whether lemonade, beer or spirits) was €17 (and this must have been nearly 10 years ago!). And the daft thing is that it is south facing…i.e. the opposite side to the Eifel Tower - epic fail or what?

Mind you, even at €17 a shot, the place was full!

5 Likes

You can get light kits for many sets. My Land Rover has LED lights, as does my Bugatti and various others. You can even get light sets for Lego clones.

SWMBO tells me Santa sources these via wish.com

The last few xmas sets have all come with matching lights.

1 Like

Not lit up the Disco, but I do like the City Skylines from the Architecture series:

Singapore not lit as yet, but my birthday is in a couple of weeks and a few hints have been dropped :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A nice addition to our collection.
Uploading: 95642F6B-CD95-452A-8B7E-01D725B553D0.jpeg…
Uploading: EF0A9683-90F0-482C-A967-4AC18DE985FD.jpeg…
Uploading: 7483FA52-9536-4793-AD7F-017E63405E50.jpeg…
Processing: 6B9E9A4C-1C14-4C77-B953-2CC0E5C9EA90.jpeg…
Uploading: 2B8F4A15-FF81-4747-A047-F068484A3AD2.jpeg…

3 Likes

Trying to upload pictures…

7 Likes

8 Likes

This was fun scrolling through pics of Lego - haven’t read through all the posts, but noticed that no one had mentioned AFOL (adult fan of Lego). or Brickish in the UK. Some more info all you Lego-heads out there below:

1 Like

Another one…

6 Likes

11 Likes

Like it!

1 Like

Has anybody done the Piano?

I am intrigued by this build, but the I then I think more than £300 for a Lego set is a bit nuts… I grew up when Lego was more sensibly priced…

Not that being nuts is an entirely unfamiliar territory for me — #SpentTooMuchOnMyHifi:roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Typewriter was the one I wanted to do. There’s a lot of great sets especially the Ideas ones.
I haven’t done the piano myself, as you say, it’s almost Death Star level cost.

1 Like