Burndy and 552

Brilliant Bruce - that’s worked. Thanks very much.

Neil

Yes, just make sure that larger (single) lug is pointing directly up (12 o’clock) when you offer it up to the socket, then wigggle the plug a little while gently pushing it in the socket. Once you feel the plug just entering the socket then rotate the metal ring to fully guide the plug into the socket.

Ah, glad you got there.

Thanks to you both for your help.

Thanks for the link to the guide - it seems a bit clearer than the manual.

Did you give the Burndy a little “swing” to relax it first. Also worth putting a little dot at top dead centre for next time you connect it up

1 Like

Yes, I did. Thanks for the good advice.

The suggestions on here about relaxing them do seem to make a difference. And if you can ensure they don’t touch the floor or anything else that’s good as well.

Yes, I’ve read the comments about them not touching anything. It’s quite tricky but I’ll see what I can do.

If you take it off you can encourage it into a shape with a bit of shaking.

But these are relatively small differences

1 Like

I do an initial relaxing and then do it again after 2 or 3 days of them being connected. To my ears gives a little more and they are even easier work with and to connect.

1 Like

Thanks and noted.

Hello @Richard.Dane , yesterday I found a photograph you posted on a thread of how a Burndy should look when properly connected, but despite searching on the forum I can’t find it today. Do you recall this and, if so, would you be able to repost the photograph?

Thanks.

I don’t recall it Neil, but I’ll see if I can find it on the forum.

Thanks Richard - I knew I should have saved the page. I think you were demonstrating how there should be a slight gap in the collar when fitted correctly.

Are you sure you’re not thinking of Powerlines?

1 Like

Are you sure this wasn’t about PowerLine or DIN interconnects? The collar on the burndys (and snaics) must be fastened and then there is no gap.

That sounds like it could be the Powerline pictures in the FAQ.

Thanks Richard, Clive and Suedkiez. You are all correct, It is the Powerlines photograph I am thinking of. Apologies for this mix up. My main system has been in storage for a couple of months and I am trying to put it back together and I’ve been getting confused with SNAICs , interconnects and now Burndys and Powerlines. It’s also more challenging as I recently acquired a used 552 from a Naim dealer which I’m trying to integrate into the system for the first time. In addition, not being technically minded doesn’t help.

Anyway, I’m learning a few things about setting up the system, which can’t be a bad thing. No doubt, I’ll be back with further queries.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.