Burndy - I give up. Non stress Installation impossible

Are you hearing any difference, whether you fiddle or not? Otherwise, what’s the point?

2 Likes

I’ve never found them easy, more a case of do your best and get on with life.

6 Likes

Think I do but could all be in the head… normally it is :grinning:

Luck that it was so easy on your side.
Done vertical Twist as well.
Also tried it the other direction - not clockwise from 9 tp 12 but counter clockwise) - not working.
On my side more than 3 hours …:joy:

On your 52 - do you have the black or grey Burndy. Grey is easy but black … it’s very stiff

I think sometimes you need to relax @Drago and enjoy your system and when you set up destress your Burndys. Just make sure they have plenty of room and aren’t touching the floor or the wall behind. Take your time with your permanent set up with 552.

The Burndy’s on 500DR are huge and heavy but I set them up fine.

Most important thing is to enjoy your new upgrade!

2 Likes

@Dan_M :heart:

1 Like

You’ve got this. You have it all set up brilliantly I am sure. You deserve it! :heart:

@Lucifer I agree 100% with this sentiment :snake:

It was black.

You totally have your point.
Sometimes (or every time?:joy:) I am overdoing a bit.
Yesterday I also installed the shims under the rocking feet of nd555 (before standing on tin foil). Doing this I scratched a aluminum foot only by pushing a bit on top of the nd555… that’s another story.
Will order replacement feet.

Sometimes less is more :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lucky you.
Bringing into position worked for my black 52 Burndy also only with torsion (stress)

My Burndy’s. Mass of cables. Am sure things can be improved but system absolutely rocks!

Big system, lots of cables. Lots of fun!

4 Likes

Try to manage as good s it gets - no cable touching each other

2 Likes

It looks really neat. You can relax them more if you have bigger gap between wall and stacks. This isn’t always possible. I think it should be fine. It doesn’t look like Burndy’s are touching wall or floor. You could bring it all out 10cm. If you like the sound leave it alone.

How are you getting on with 552 DR?

1 Like

This thread has got me paranoid and further tightening the burndy on my 552 !

1 Like

I think we all need to chill about cabling. Do the very best you can but if it sounds great then enjoy our systems.

I personally have found that giving quite a bit of space behind the stacks works well. I have 13cm behind stacks to radiator. Means Burndy’s hang loose!

5 Likes

Just remember on the Nac 552 the Burndy and the Snaic 5,should be dressed as close together as possible or touch in one place, otherwise especially the bass performance will be off.

1 Like

Bringing it a bit more out came also to my mind. No Burndy touching wall or floor or any other cable. Same with all other candles :grinning:

1 Like

Life is too short to stress out about cables.

4 Likes

I brought the at one spot in 1mm distance.

1 Like