Burndy lesson learned! Shake it to wake it!

Depends on whether you are in the UK or Australia

3 Likes

Quite. Orange juice from a metal drink bottle or such like is awful.

And tea from a thick-walled mug is just for philistines.

2 Likes

Not in Australia, it barely has time to hit the glass there

2 Likes

Don’t use the Brundy to stir the wine.
Definitely

2 Likes

Loose leaf tea is much superior.

Like Naim kit, loose leaf demands more care from the user/drinker to get the best out of it, but the results are worth it.

3 Likes

Yes and there is also a Tooth Fairy.

Cable Ties are common in all types of equipment but i thought binding wires tightly together
altered them electrically and this could be measured.

OK a Burndy is a new term for me possibly a connector?
Any cable of which Shaking is a Requisite to alter relationship between pos/neg and shield
should have been built with cable separators in the first place.
Where equipment is constructed with flexibility of RCA or Circuit Board mounting
(and maybe even if it is not) cables should not negate this aspect.

1 Like

AIUI.
The shaking of Naim cables is to relieve the cable/socket tension created during manufacture. This helps reduce microphone thus improving SQ.

Burndy cables are chunky affairs with large plugs and can be difficult to align and fit. By removing the tension in the correct way the plug aligns very easily with the socket and should hang free in a natural way.

3 Likes

Surely it was simply the cable tie that constricted the flow of electricity down the cable because it was too tight. No cable tie and the electricity flows. The same as standing on a garden hose for water flow. You all know it makes sense! :rofl:

Yes, it is a particular type of Connector - and the name of the original manufacturer of the connector:

2 Likes

I did not know they were based in Manchester NH. My head office is not that far and I must have been past it many times and even stayed in Manchester in the past. When lockdown/travel opens and I go to US next I will make a trip over and see if I can find it. That is my one thing I have learned today, so thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Make sure you give yourself a good shake before you go in.

3 Likes

I’ve found a good commando roll into the cables and gripping the Burndy cable by it’s connector(s) like a scene out of a Indian Jones movie, a good wrestling around on the floor, wife running for the front door, men in white coats, a restraining order - job done.

5 Likes

…in that case, why aren’t they shaken prior to dispatch?

Got laid over in Manchester NH on our way back to (Old) England once…went to see the Fisher Cats!

1 Like

The interconnects are, see the above video, I am not sure about the burndys. But in any case, then they are in a box for who knows how long, and when you take them out they most likely don’t align, without twisting them, to the socket positions you have.

1 Like

Exactly this I would have thought.

Sadly, I don’t think I ever got laid, over in Manchester.

2 Likes