Burning In

Yes but one either becomes irritated or one becomes pleased regardless of how the brain adjusts and this also happens over time as well…which is caused from the equipment, ultimately.

It’s not necessarily caused by a change in the equipment, all these effects could easily be accounted for by changes in the ‘wetware’ i.e. mental changes or changes in memory. It’s impossible to distinguish these effects, and the human response is much more variable than the hardware; therefore the more reasonable assumption is that the human response that has changed rather than the hardware.

1 Like

That’s irrelevant. I’m not the one making claims that something is fact just because it meets the opinions of some wider group, even though it isn’t universally accepted and still unproven.

Ears - which we know from many studies are fallible, and can be influenced by expectations.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve mentioned confirmation bias as well.

And I, too, have tried different ethernet cables, and detect no difference.

Um - no, that simply isn’t how it works. You need more than that.

No, not necessarily.

Didn’t you know? Truth is now a democratic process. Fact is up for a vote. :joy:

1 Like

If the test was done double blind then it is likely that there is a positive correlation between taking the drug and the effect noticed. The drug appears to be doing something.
But we rarely see anything like a similar test with regard to audio equipment. And when we do (Harmon Kardon, if I remember correctly, did something like this) then we find that listener expectation outweighs all other factors.

Oh dear. One of the corner-stones of science is that no-one’s knowledge is above question. Not even Einstein.

No - if it sounds better, than you think it sounds better. Whether it actually is better is another matter.

3 Likes

It’s worse than that. Not only are facts optional, experts (except for Ivor, of course) are simply wrong.

1 Like

Ok, so I would say it’s a fact but not in scientific meaning of the term fact. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::smile:

Surprisingly not surprised at the way the thread is going

Literally billions of people believe in many different religions. Say one of them is right, that still leaves billions of people believing in a wrong religion who are adamant they are right.

Just because many people believe the same thing doesn’t make it fact.

And before someone puts words in my mouth, I am not saying there is no difference

Believing and experimenting is not the same.

1 Like

mucking about and experiment is not the same thing either

1 Like

Yes, but audio is not really a science…

:small_blue_diamond:@frenchrooster,…Why do you care,.you know better than that.

They probably haven’t read my long post properly,.and if they have,they probably didn’t understand the message.
I’ll comment very briefly tomorrow,.but when we don’t know their practical experience…and that one of them thinks it’s irrelevant :roll_eyes:.

Yes,.then this can be an example of “trolling”,at least from one.

/Peder🙂

Of course it is.

1 Like

Perhaps our misunderstanding is here. I don’t believe it’s science because we can’t always predict how will be the interactions with our room, brain, tastes, mains, energy, vibrations., support…