Cable burn in

I have it on authority it works for Black Sabbath.

You are being mislead (“Everyone”) on the size of the significance of cable resting.
Also with all the logistics involved of setting up a show this would hardly be a priority.’
Speakers first and T.T. last would actually be a norm.
Many have not much belief in cables let alone cable direction those that are Fixated on
cable Resting would take some ferreting out.
And even if it were so it not be a audible factor in a Hotel room demo don’t you think.

It’s truly moving to see so many people so enjoy displaying their wit so well while all singularly failing to be helpful.

For the OP, the short answer is:
If it’s burnt in, it’s burnt in, but after installation it may take a little time to settle.

9 Likes

The End.

3 Likes

…of the beginning :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

s-l300
I got this cable just to try out last Friday, not expensive ,van damme silver plated ofc .

Sounded quite bright and a bit harsh with my phono stage,so plugged it into my tuner and left that on for the last few days.
Tried it again with my phono stage last night and now sounds a bit soft and a little murky ?

Did you finish your popcorn?

Quite right it is a serious subject!

I suspect most are being as helpful as it is possible to be given the subject, wit notwithstanding!

No. It was rather uneventful compared to the old thread. I thought about posting something in an attempt to get people all fired up but I refrained.

1 Like

Has anyone done a blind test for cable burn in?

4 Likes

:grimacing:

1 Like

Yes I tried a blind test once but couldn’t find where to plug in the cable

13 Likes

I believe that a number of people are being as helpful as the can without risking the ire of those who believe they can accurately remember the effect the cables had on the sound of their system one to three months previously.

4 Likes

I remember when I changed my ethernet cable…I thought something was broken!..then over a period of a week it got better and better…

And of course all other possible changes were carefully controlled, and your ears and mood stayed the same, being the precision instruments that they are :wink:

1 Like

No measurements were needed it did not sound good…very sibilent and dynamically crushed and virtually no stereo depth…I was amazed…

It may well have, I’m not doubting that. I’d be less sure about the reason

Those, but also the moderation who, how admirable in many other ways they are, don’t always appear to be objective in such matters.

2 Likes