Cable Undressing

Yes, I’d say running network cables is never impossible, just a bit disruptive. It’s a stone wall that’s over half a metre thick, but with an SDS drill it’s simple enough to drill it and stick a bit of plastic trunking in there.

1 Like

It’s worth the cost of a 6-700 mm drill. I find that hardwire is just more stable, and all my computers are hardwired just for better security. The only Wifi I use are the cells and a tablet.
I was going thru the floor at one point, up between the joists but thru 2 - 2x4s to stay inside the wall, and my drill was too short. But I had a 1 mtr length of threaded rod, so I ground a drill tip on one end and used that. Did the trick.

Another Nice salad.

1 Like

That is admirably shyte, well done.

Excellent…one end of a pair of RCAs not plugged into anything.

3 Likes

Ran out of space when I went active, which was set up by Cymbiosis. Units are a Headline, SNAXO 242 and an Internet Radio Adapter

Only ribbing, in the spirit of the thread!

What’s downstream of the XO?

Ribbing accepted.

Kudos Titan 606s

Bonus points for the unnecessary cabling!

1 Like

Yes indeed. Although unnecessary cabling takes time to install, it is the ultimate in laziness not to remove it, so bonus points are well deserved.

You will notice some discarded cabling in my second photo of my router/switch/NAS/server cupboard, which I am particularly proud of.

Bonus points please?

You could double or nothing it…
…find a stereo pair (interconnect, quadruple or nothing if it’s 'speaker cable) with differing directionality within the pair.
No cheating, please.

Wow, that sounds way to demanding for the careless hifi nut.

@NigelB It could of course show far too much knowledge of your system to know that there is discarded cabling. Also, pointing out reasons to be given points is bad form! :sunglasses:

I am enjoying this thread! :joy:

Harsh…

Easy to spot discarded cabling by all the plugs flying free.

No knowledge needed, just pure laziness leaving them tangled within the rest of the spaghetti.

Points please!

…in this thread, bad form is actually the new good form…

1 Like

Fair point!

1 Like

So…?

Here’s my submission. Note my coiled KS-1 speaker cable. I just have a Nova so the rest of the cabling is for other “stuff”. All hidden in the corner behind the TV.

5 Likes

OK, I concede!

The labelling counts against you…it makes it too easy to rectify the chaos.