Cable Undressing

There are loads of threads and pictures of peoples wonderful and sometimes obsessive efforts at keeping their cables and interconnects tidy and optimised.
In the interest of inclusion and a non discriminatory environment ( probably prompted by Dr Cox) I would like to provide a safe and understanding thread for those who,like me, don’t give a toss and cannot be arsed.
No politics, virus stuff or mentions of Phil.
My mess…

12 Likes

Came across this on a Facebook group recently…

16 Likes

Is that before or after?

4 Likes

That’s our ol’ mate @Tonym system if I’m not mistaken.

2 Likes

Nice idea for a Topic . I’d say mine are only slightly dressed - so in their underwear if you like - hope I can join you though.

3 Likes

Aye…thats most definitely crap enough to be accepted. Nice one.

2 Likes

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

1 Like

Mmmm… bordering on the tidy side mate, but I will throw you a bone and let you stay.

6 Likes

Mine I can’t even photograph. They run through the gap behind the back panel of a hanging sideboard and the wall. I try to have the power cables go high and the signal cables low, but that’s about all the separation I can get. But of course no way to check how successful it really is behind there.

1 Like

How did he determine this is how it sounded best? Any guidelines he can offer?

Best he answer that.
Haven’t seen a post from him for a while, Nov '20 - hope he’s alright.

Here is my (non) audiophile network stack, including:

• My NAS in the form of a RPI-4 without enclosure resting on it’s carboard box.
  • The SSD is tucked away next to the modem in the back, but it’s not visible too well on this photo.
  • Standard (free) Ethernet cables that came with the modem and router.
  • 5 quid power brick to power the whole mess.

Everything sounds just fine, ofcourse. :wink:

5 Likes

Top job mate, just close the door, no-one will ever know.

3 Likes

Yes. It’s not just me that can’t be arsed.
My system sounds great too before anyone asks.

5 Likes

I’m with you…in fact, I work on the principle that with a messy bundle of cables, you get the best error self-cancellation!

7 Likes

Warning. NSFW.

This is the back of the cabinet in the lounge next to the tv, so we have
Denon home cinema amp
PS3 and PS4
Blu-ray player
Free view/DVD player/hard drive recorder
Raspberry pi
Switch

4 Likes

Yes ensuring maximum entropy is the optimal path to thermal and electrical equilibrium!

5 Likes

…you got it…it’s called the entropy coupling buffer, the word entropy being used in it’s thermodynamic sense.

3 Likes

I confess… :joy:

4 Likes

Thanks NeilB. I also confess. Far too many boxes and different cables acquired over many years. I’m not even sure what the white one on the floor is! In addition the optical between node 2i and Qutest is out of sight.

4 Likes