Cable Undressing

More cable hiding, than dressing

1 Like

…indeed, and vith a variation on the theme…each channel is plugged into a different input (not so possible with NAIM gear.

Shame on you!

Due a penalty point for “stacking” on a preamp surely?

I know.

This way I keep the gear and the missus on side.

The excess speaker cable is folded in a Jumping Jack configuration in the middle channel of the trunking. Power cables are in the top channel and signal cable is in the bottom channel.

Mate, you are on the wrong thread and making us all feel rather inadequate.

Nice system though.

No inadequacy meant or inferred.

Thanks for the comments and keep enjoying the music.

I love the simple hole in the wall, Chris. Many times on here, and other forums, people say they have to use Wi-Fi because hardwire is impossible. Whereas, you can pull/run a cable to almost anywhere with a 12"+ concrete and/or wood bit, and a half-decent hammer drill.
Cheers.

Yes, I’d say running network cables is never impossible, just a bit disruptive. It’s a stone wall that’s over half a metre thick, but with an SDS drill it’s simple enough to drill it and stick a bit of plastic trunking in there.

1 Like

It’s worth the cost of a 6-700 mm drill. I find that hardwire is just more stable, and all my computers are hardwired just for better security. The only Wifi I use are the cells and a tablet.
I was going thru the floor at one point, up between the joists but thru 2 - 2x4s to stay inside the wall, and my drill was too short. But I had a 1 mtr length of threaded rod, so I ground a drill tip on one end and used that. Did the trick.

Another Nice salad.

1 Like

That is admirably shyte, well done.

Excellent…one end of a pair of RCAs not plugged into anything.

3 Likes

Ran out of space when I went active, which was set up by Cymbiosis. Units are a Headline, SNAXO 242 and an Internet Radio Adapter

Only ribbing, in the spirit of the thread!

What’s downstream of the XO?

Ribbing accepted.

Kudos Titan 606s

Bonus points for the unnecessary cabling!

1 Like

Yes indeed. Although unnecessary cabling takes time to install, it is the ultimate in laziness not to remove it, so bonus points are well deserved.

You will notice some discarded cabling in my second photo of my router/switch/NAS/server cupboard, which I am particularly proud of.

Bonus points please?

You could double or nothing it…
…find a stereo pair (interconnect, quadruple or nothing if it’s 'speaker cable) with differing directionality within the pair.
No cheating, please.

Wow, that sounds way to demanding for the careless hifi nut.