Cable Undressing

Ok, here you go…

7 Likes

I was hoping for a bonus point or two for the looping of speaker cables and usb cable plus the usual (normally removed before taking pictures) dust and detritus…

I feel I just have to put in my ‘Pennies worth’.
There’s just me & Mae; no ‘other half’ to prevent my mess :grimacing:

There are some excellent rats nests & what an awesome thread :+1::ok_hand:t2:

4 Likes

Pretty tidy! Guess I should reciprocate now…

Nothing too outrageous here I’m afraid. The cat deals with the spiders & I reckon the wife has a sneaky dust occasionally when I’m not around :anguished:. It all sounds great at the business end though!

Certainly not! The jury is merciless.

I see strata in the dust there. You have my vote!

1 Like

Must say; didn’t know how bad the ‘muck’ was behind there, have avoided pulling it all out for fear of not remembering where everything goes back to if anything ’came adrift’ (7 parts to the naim gear, + the 7.2 surround). My daughter keeps threatening to come & give everywhere a good clean up; don’t think I could survive the “Oh Dad!!!”s.
Mae doesn’t help the dust situation when we come in from the fields - to sum up: VERY EMBARRASSING now I’ve seen it! :scream:

1 Like

…take heart, those throw away patch RCAs plugged into the wall socket are a redeeming effort.

Thanks! Those are from a ground loop isolator and the wall plate then routes audio to the kitchen and into the Mu-so Qb

NigelB :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I have a fibre optic cable connected at the source and flickering helplessly at the other end, does that count?
Desperately seeking some semblance of acceptance to this thread.
I vacuumed up the dead woodlice last weekend!

1 Like

A free-floatind flashing optical cable…commendable, your credibility is assured. Well done!

1 Like

I feel a sense of pride, thank you

But…never be complacent…imagine the adulation if you had plugged the free floating end into an ethernet port!

This is mainly speaker cable from my hasty hookup of my new Nova. What are you supposed to do with all the extra bits of 2x4m lengths when your speakers are close to the stereo?

This is what I found when I moved my stack of cds away from the Xbox on the bottom tier. Mmmmm dusty.

OK, following recent rebuild…we have…

looks reasonably tidy from front…and sounds good…

h

top of brawn rack…

top of brain rack…

side view…

lots of cables… :frowning:

6 Likes

Good work! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Shorten them. t’s only the older amps that require certain lengths.

Shorten them? I paid good money for 'em! :grinning:

3 Likes