Cable Undressing

My second submission.
I chanced to look down the side of the Fraim.
I’d wondered where those CDs had gone.
And yes, the Lingo 4 lives under there.

Not bad. Losing CDs in your wiring is quite impressive.

1 Like

Worthy…if the lingo were standing on end, even better. Broken CD cases would also have been good, as well as wrong CDs in the cases.
An improvement though.

1 Like

Hmmm… nice try Blimoos, but where’s the dust? Where are the spiders, the hollowed out husks of long-dead woodlice, or that once-shiny Fraim ball that you gave up finding years ago and which now sits forlorn and dull, and maybe a little rusty, in the furthest crevice where the carpet meets the skirting board.*

*OK, I realise I may well be describing my own state of cabling here…

7 Likes

Maybe I missed it but do not recall seeing a picture of Richard’s cabling. I expect it is more of an examplar of what our cable dressing should be like. Will we ever know……can we have a picture?

Photo or it didn’t happen, Richard!

1 Like

Too dark back there…

Richard is nothing if not consistent in his excuse!

Scanning back through the thread, I’m horrified to realise that my entry, at post #65, shows my cabling post tidying up, rather than the unmitigated shambles which existed previously.

I could attempt to restore things to their earlier state, but honestly, it was such a mess that I wouldn’t know where to begin.

In the absence of any photographic evidence therefore, will you take it on trust and award me an honourable mention? :man_shrugging:

Use the flash on your phone/camera

He can’t it scares the spiders :spider:

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words @Richard.Dane

. There is a light layer of dust as you can see from this other photo but try as I might, I couldn’t find any spiders or wood lice.

6 Likes

A footprint!

Whoa…now that’s commitment to the cause!

This has rapidly evolved into a professional sport…nothing can be taken on trust.

1 Like

If that footprint and inscription has been left by a ghost, then that’s many many points.

I reckon Richard is secretly testing the new superdupergiddyheightsline interconnect so can’t show us any pictures

I mean those gray covers around the cables: what material are they and what is the function?

David

Not sure if you meant me, as I don’t have any cable covers other than the feeble attempt of chucking some black pipe insulation that came free from United Utilities on a cable, which of course made no difference

1 Like

Yes thanks.
Okay, I thought it was actually a system, albeit handcrafted, to dampen vibrations and reduce interference between cables of various nature and purpose.

David

Approaching TonyM standards of yore. If you had as much equipment as he had, we could have a new all-time shyte cabling champeen.