Cable Undressing

A beauty, all touching each other and on the floor!
Lovely

2 Likes

This thread is a very scary place for me, Iā€™ve had a quick peep & was so upset I had to go to bed & cuddle my snuggle blanket.
Iā€™m all OK now but need to see some comforting nice & tidy dressing pics.

11 Likes

How come the OP let you in to this thread?

You are way too tidy!

5 Likes

This is HERESY! :joy:

3 Likes

What about those of us who do give a toss but have singularly failed at cable dressing? Can we join in too?

Just too many boxes, most with multiple wires attached!

9 Likes

ā€The Situationā€ in January. On the right hand side of the system. Somewhat improved since then. But cables do what cables doā€¦

Boo! boo! Mike, far too tidy.

Hereā€™s how we have carefully laid out the power supply, signal, ethernet, aerial and optical cables for the TV, Cisco switch, EtherRegen, its linear power supply, Oppo, Virgin box, Audiostore music server and its LPS. Oh, and M Scaler & DAVE but they are powered from the posh MCRU extension block with the worldā€™s largest ferrite clamp, so perhaps that doesnā€™t count.

Fortunately, the white radiator is hiding the NACA5 speaker cable, 2 fat mains cables and most of the orange fibre-optic cable, so this is the tidy view. Itā€™s taken hours & hours:

When it takes three 4-way mains extension blocks, plus a hidden Musicworks 6-way block to power everything, one does start to wonder whether itā€™s all a bit too complicatedā€¦

Best regards, BF

4 Likes

Masterclass.

1 Like

I feel your pain! Mine is 5 Naim boxes, Denon AV-Amp, Pioneer Blu-ray, X-box, Mini-mac, Router, 2 x powered switches, NAS, an external hard drive, a Sub-woofer, all the assembled speaker leads and the output to the TV!

1 Like

He now has it all sorted going from his active 5552/500ā€™sā€¦and is now a happy Accuphase integrated owner.

1 Like

Scoured the internet to discover the ā€˜magic spongeā€™ technique. A sophisticated parametric matrix eliminating eddy currents and all sorts of hocus-pocus.

Sounds marvellous!

G

6 Likes

Hereā€™s my mess! Itā€™s actually all been carefully arranged to meet as many cable dressing requirements as I can, but it looks even messier than before I decided to bother.

2 Likes

This needs to be a safe place for the undressed. Somewhere you can talk freely about your nonchalant attitude!

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to ask Richard to delete this post. How do you live like this!

3 Likes

I will moderate.

Ofcourse you may join, shittier the better whether intended or not.
We are equals hereā€¦ some more than others.

3 Likes

Yesā€¦this.

1 Like

Iā€™m OCD about being tidy
Tramp

2 Likes

Mike, how much do you charge? Are you free tomorrow?

Alcohol will be on offer to make it less stressful.

1 Like

A few years back I bought a few meters of Sarum speaker cable from a well known dealer in Leicester. Mr. Cymbiosis delivered it and while he was at it, completely sorted my cable mess out.

I was sceptical, but after starting from scratch heā€™d made order from chaos, and it made a significant improvement to the music. Of course, at night the cables snaked themselves into chaos again.

I wish I had Mr, Cymbiosisā€™s talent and patience.

2 Likes