Cable Undressing

This thread is going well, with a few non believers posting, which is a shame…
Just to give an idea what the requirement is, think of what your Christmas tree lights look like when you get them out the bag or box to put on the tree. That, my friends is wire heaven, cable utopia, an interconnect dream.

4 Likes

There was an idea behind it but I’ve forgotten what…:grin::wink:

2 Likes

I’m trying :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Getting there mate… Still a bit too much order and logic so far… you shouldn’t really be able to see your floor in a true crap cable dress.

1 Like

Neat isn’t it?

Unfortunately, it hides an ugly reality. And I did my best to separate the power and signal cables. I also minimised cable touching. I inserted a few strategically placed pieces of sorbotane.

I can’t do better and decided to forget about it.

As I wrote before, in my lab we have very expensive (more than half a million €) photonics and electronic microscopy set ups. We pay more attention to stable power sources than to cabling. We don’t have 5k€ cables.

1 Like

I feel an affinity with this thread, which sets aside the total cable dressing nonsense that ruins some people’s lives without affecting the audio they listen to at all. Rather like running in cables, to mention another pointless audio fetish.

To get started, this is the perfectly acceptable space behind my TV. It’s a training ground for tackling the Naim stack.

Moving on to the Naim kit in a side room, it’s hard to get a proper idea of the guiding principle in play, but here it is anyway.

Not being an evolutionary biologist (an in-joke that may or may not get noticed by the intended person), all of this seems perfectly arranged to me.

Best

David

4 Likes

Evolution is a thinkerer as François Jacob famously said (for us biologist).

I guess you are one?

And sure you are a thinkerer.

I am an engineer, but my evolutionary biologist friend doesn’t always agree with me!

1 Like

Top effort…or lack of… pass …with merit.

3 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

I think this should qualify … I just don’t know where to start :grimacing:

3 Likes

Hmm there is an unwelcome sense of purpose there still…

But it’s a good first effort :grinning::+1:

2 Likes

Great thread!

I’m feeling a little inadequate here. In fact I wonder how I even manage to get any sound out of my system with so few cables.

5 Likes

Disgraceful!

4 Likes

Wow, no wonder so many hear benefits from their boutique switches. :smiley:

1 Like

Tonym is the clear winner. No one else is even remotely in the same league so far.

2 Likes

Total lack of care, thought and methodology.
Like it… well done.

2 Likes

I suspect @Mike-B of pulling out some of his cables for the photo. It can’t possibly be that tidy!

1 Like

@ChrisSU I spy a hole in the floor. What cable mess are you shoving in there - come on - own up!