Cable Undressing

All that was pulled was the rack to do the annual deep clean.
But fear not, the rats nest in & under my comms cabinet (NAS, UPS, LAN switch, BB hub & phone plus the SMPS dist board) will be more akin to the spirit & taste of this thread.

1 Like

This thread brought me the chuckles I needed this morning. Well played everybody, well played. The perfect anti-thread! :joy:

3 Likes

Goo on, giz a look under yer comms cupboardā€¦.you know you want to.

Closet undressers of the worldā€¦COME OUT!

1 Like

How about thisā€¦?

1 Like

IMG_1275

Can I play too?

2 Likes

Made me think of The Smiths

Closet undressers of the worldā€¦unite and take over

The best thread ā€¦ ever! At long last I donā€™t feel so bad about my Naim lack of dressing ā€¦ it always starts out okay until about the third level:

But for the AV set-up ā€¦ thereā€™s no hope :frowning:

I can understand why many folk prefer All-in-One hardware. As I age, Iā€™m not sure I can cope with all this spaghetti
Mitch

15 Likes

Some of these pics bring me out in a cold sweat!!! :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Its really just the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics in playā€¦

2nd Law of Thermodynamics

Everything tends towards chaosā€¦ And Entropy increasesā€¦ :grin:

4 Likes

Way too clean. As noted above, if the floor can be seen, you donā€™t qualify.

2 Likes

@dave-marshall Just WAY too organised and clean! Disgracefulā€¦ :joy:

2 Likes

My power supplies are on the floor too.

There, Iā€™ve said it.

G

4 Likes

A penance may be requiredā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

Mitch, this is absolutely perfect!
There are so many crossed cables that all the interference confuses itself, leaving the music signals to pass through unmolested.

Very nicely done Sir.

Best regards, BF

10 Likes

This really should be a contender for the Thread Of The Year 2021 award. Brilliant!

As for @dave-marshall, well I really donā€™t think heā€™s ever learnt how to cook spaghetti. And my tip to @ChrisSU, if you wish to recover some street cred, just get a few random coils of loose electrical cable and sling them down the back of the rack and post another photo - that might just do it.

2 Likes

Glad I could bring cheer

So kind!
I know, we (as in ā€œIā€) have too many components ā€¦
TV - fed by AV receiver, Freeview arial
AV receiver - fed by BluRay, DVD recorder, Humax, Virgin, Chromecast Ultra, Naim CD5x, SB Touch
5.1 speakers ā€¦ with Hi-Fi speakers either side (for AV ByPass), further complicated by having BluRay linked to Hi-Fi by optical

Perhaps some of the sound is degraded as a result ā€¦ but how do I check? :slight_smile:

Nice one, good lack of effort.

1 Like

No Daveā€¦ you know why.

3 Likes

It actually neater than it looksā€¦ Trust Meā€¦ :smirk: