Cableoholic,..Or,.What's Going On..?

Peder, please give it a rest, this is a forum, you need to take all the responses as they come. And as a forum user I can reply to a comment - as I did - to another readers post, I did not reply to one of your posts. And as this is a forum, this is NOT your thread.

3 Likes

Peder, don’t forget that Mike is following the Positive Critic philosophy!
:partying_face::crazy_face:

Perhaps it’s very british. On Munich hifi show thread, some posted that all the systems at Munich are ugly. It’s the same. Why bother, these kind of posts are non sense . Like Mike saying that all these cables would not comply to any standard.

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:I can only say,.that Mr.Mike-B has a hard time respecting other,…Enough about this.

:black_small_square:Here we see another Powercable,.it is Jorma Designs Duality,fixed with Oyaide 004 rhodium contacts.
This cable we have run against a Powerline in a Nap110.

It was interesting,.as he who owned the Nap110 said…It became cleaner and clearer with more sense and musicality. And then this cable was completely new, never played.
Return about this cable,we are doing some interesting tests.

/Peder🙂

I find it astonishing that people would charge these sums for cables and their component parts. Just how is it justified? £400 for a gold spade, really? If I wanted to improve the picture on my TV I would not spend the thick end of £3,000 on a cable as I find it hard to believe spending that money on a better TV would not render superior results.

1 Like

You are right Jonners, it would be ridiculous to buy a 3k power cable for a tv . Better buy a better tv.
However, in this thread case, Peder is testing some cables of a person who asked him. He didn’t bought them, and the tv was just a fun test.
Personally i bought second hand a kharma grand reference power cable for a good price. The price new is around 1,5 k. It gave life and textures to my 250dr that the powerline could give.

1 Like

Understood, I am generally suspicious of products aimed at the high-end hi-fi market which are made or assembled by an individual who attributes an eye-wateringly high price to them, seemingly on the basis that audiophiles are both loaded and gullible. As one poster already commented, one has to be particularly careful when it comes to power, get that wrong and it may be a new home as well as a new hi-fi!

…not to mention entertaining discussions with your insurance company about those funny cables.

On the other hand, including both “gullible” and “audiophools” in a post is one of the more promising ways to get a less than friendly reply.

2 Likes

Sorry, but at this level of listening sensitivity and mind-numbing detail to hear differences- just chuck the whole system and go to live venues. Or would you then have to find the right concert hall and the exact sweet spot seats. The idea is to enjoy the music , not devour it for analyzation

2 Likes

Well I certainly fall into the gullible category having recently bought a tiny pot of goo to dip the stylus on my cart into for cleaning. £17 I paid for that (plus shipping) and I can’t honestly tell it apart from the pots of slime my kids buy from the local Londis. Except their pots are way bigger, come with plastic maggots as a bonus and only cost 99p.

3 Likes

Suckeeerrrr ! :wink:

1 Like

It’s like the chicken and the egg. What came first gibberish conundrum.
But - Hi-Fi and the Music.
For those in on the closed loop and perhaps conservative rationale of Naim kit - most buyers look at it from a music first aspect over Hifi, whilst conveniently forgetting that they paid a premium price to think such.

Synesthesia?

I’ve recently been interested in the less is more" science behind cables. Perhaps more of a challenge to get it right properly.

47 Laboratory audio. Power cables.
Even this brand can’t get out from using that hefty IEC end piece.

:small_blue_diamond:@ricsimas,…I do not understand this word :sunglasses:,.nor are there in any translation-programs.
Can you describe with another word what you want to say.

/Peder🙂

:small_blue_diamond:TOBYJUG,…Interestingly,…they remind in appearance to the Vertere D-FI.

In any case,.their usb-cable (see picture below).
Do not know if they have any powercable, but this usb-cable is good.
In addition,.it is their “entry level-cable”…even better.

/Peder🙂

synestesi in swedish. It’s more humor from the Op, because normally the sound can’t be soft or warm. It’s not an attribute of the ear but the touch.

1 Like

Actually, I was referring to the fact that the cable that is gold as opposed to rhodium (and thus the warmer looking one) also happens to sound “warm”.

warmer looking is also synesthesia, not? :slightly_smiling_face:

In origin perhaps, but color temperature is used scientifically as I’m sure you know, and there’s an actual scale to it. :wink: but yes, it is the same phenomenon in that we attribute warmth to colors we perceive as closer to that of the sun and fire.

I just always suspect my own instincts when something sounds the way it looks, if you know what I mean.

1 Like

Folks - I didn’t intend my comment to send the thread off into ‘a fool and his money’ direction. I was just concerned over the suitability of the 13A IEC connector with some of the oversized cables being used. I’d wager that quite a few are treading a fine line with compliance too. If folks like to tinker for subjective gains then that’s great but be careful with the mains. Getting that bit wrong isn’t good…