Cableoholic,..Or,.What's Going On..?

:small_blue_diamond:Jonners,…Not £400:- for a gold spade,.but…
£410:- for Oyaide 004 rhodium female/male contacts :wink::grin:.

But normal people are no idiots,.
They would not pay this money,unless it became a difference in soundquality.

A friend of mine who is a doctor (in other words no idiot :wink:) said,…It is very simple, try in your own music-system.
If you hear the difference,.it’s a difference…"As simply as that ".
He runs with Shunyata powercables (see picture below).

:black_small_square:But he is also no gullible audiophools. He buys nothing without having tested it for several weeks in his own music-system. Much like “Darke Bear” here on the forum does,…and many other.

Ps: Forget the turntable in the picture, it is never used.

:small_orange_diamond:On this image you have Oyaide M1 on the left.
It is Oyaide’s best contact,.it costs £413:-.

Oyaide F1 (IEC not in picture) £257:-.
So a total of £670:- for a complete pair :dizzy_face:

On the right,.Oyaide C-004 IEC rhodium (as you have seen before),.it costs £151:-. It is Oyaide’s second best IEC-connector.

As you can see,.the IEC-connectors are always a bit “cheaper” :grin:.

:small_blue_diamond:Here above are two cartons of Oyaide M1, F1…their best contacts,.brand new. Plus an additional Oyaide M1.

My new hifi-friend is totally “crazy”,…but fun,enjoyable and interesting,with a lot of knowledge and experience in this field.

/Peder🙂

No, but we are predictably irrational. :wink:

1 Like

Hi Peder,

while I don’t want to steer the thread too much into this direction, the C-004 connectors aren’t rhodium plated. That would be the 076 series with blue shells. The main difference between these two isn’t the plating (palladium vs. rhodium), the metal parts of the 004s are made of beryllium copper, while the ones of the 076 (and two others) are made of phosphor bronze.

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:Mulberry,.It is brilliant that you discovered this :+1:t2:.

I got to know this “Cableoholic” four months ago,…and he has “Bombarded us with information” about cables,connectors etc,etc during this time.
Also,…every time I visit him,.he picks up new “candy pieces” from any box.

So,.somewhere on this interesting road I must have confused this.
Brilliant that you discovered it…Thanks :smiley:.

:black_small_square:It is these “maniacs” who move the positions forward,.and draw with us others.

An example: I told you earlier that he has gone to Thailand on vacation.

And that I plugged in a powercable and a hdmi-cable in my TV that costs together £5600 (I know,. Totally crazy :grin:).
These I have borrowed from my new friend.
But what makes my new friend,when he sits at the airport with his brother and will go to Thailand on vacation…

Well,.he calls me,to ask if I got any better picture on my TV with his cables…:smile:.

Completely crazy,…he’ll should go on vacation, but still fun.

Because of his enthusiasm,.there are now many in our group who have better soundquality because of him.
Yet many in our group are very knowledgeable in this field,.but he has products and knowledge that we never heard of.
But definitely a real “maniac”.

I just love him :grin:.

:small_blue_diamond:Mulberry,…and other,.Below is the real information about Oyaide C-004 from the Swedish distributor.

"With the knowledge Oyaide got with the design and manufacture of the real Top-Spec M1 and F1.
So here we have now a cheaper variant (C-004),with much of the same technology.

With the metal parts made of super-exclusive Beryllium Copper and coating of Platinum and Palladium,…a completely different sound quality is achieved with superior dynamic and resolution.

The plastic body is built with the same type of material as C-029/37/46/79."

/Peder🙂

And a rich one! What does he do for a living?

a doctor apparently. I suspect he is a esthetic surgeon, to earn this kind of money.

1 Like

FR, do you mean chirugien plastique? If yes, that is called plastic surgeon in English :+1:

thanks Annalog, yes , it was what i wanted to say. I learned a new word :call_me_hand::grinning:

1 Like

Hi Peder,

that wasn’t too hard for me, as I have some C004 Schuko and IEC plugs in a drawer. I was about to build some cables for my system and had settled on them. Actually not as a result of a direct comparison, but simply because the Oyaide plugs were the best ones mechanically (I was able to try some from different brands). As the C-004s aren’t that much more expensive, I decided to go for the better material, simply to avoid nagging “what if…” thoughts.
Back then I bought a Powerigel Plus instead, but the fixed length of the cables might restart my diy project.

1 Like

can you have compared vs furutech plugs Mulberry? They are often cited… and powerline is using furutech.
I have kharma power cords, but don’t know what is the brand of the plugs.

:small_blue_diamond:@frenchrooster,…Add a picture of your powercable-contact,someone here…Or I, might recognize it.
I now have at home both Oyaide, Furutech,MS and other contacts that I can compare against

/Peder🙂

i don’t want to unplug mine, it’s complicated…But here a photo of the Kharma kpc gr i found on the net.

:small_blue_diamond:Frenchrooster,…Some major cable-manufacturers have their own contacts,.some examples you see on the pictures I’ve added.

Your Kharma powercable,.also seems to have a Kharma manufactured connector.

:black_small_square:It may also be that the inside is Oyaide or Furutech,.with the company’s own outer “shell”.
But it is impossible to see,.if the plug is not dismantled

a3ef9b306ba44a40c001bf5577cd16e4
:small_orange_diamond:Above,…a little older Anzus connector.

:small_blue_diamond:Above…a slightly newer Anzus connector.

:small_orange_diamond:Above…a Shunyata connector.

/Peder🙂

no problem, the most important is that i am very satisfied with it. I saw on the site that it has IEC silvered gauge and 24 k gold plug. Also something to reduce vibration.

:small_blue_diamond:Frenchrooster,…And that’s all that means something :+1:.

/Peder🙂

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond: Frenchrooster,…This is interesting,.do you know what in the plug that reduces vibration.?

I have for a few days,.had a longer mail-dialogue with the distributor of Furutech in Sweden.
Interesting experiences from him,.that I may return to later in the thread.

/Peder🙂

i don’t know. It’s just indicated in the description of the Kharma kpc gr cord. they speak of large vibration isolation tubing.

3 Likes

and the description is ?

:small_blue_diamond:Frenchrooster,…I am also thinking of it.

A picture of an unknown cable does not say much.
What has Seven for thought with that picture.?

/Peder🤔