Cables - WH Morgana - Blown away

Black box, I certainly would prefer my investment to go on the parts that matter, not the packaging.

Agreedā€¦ it has been discussed here before the exorbitant and excessive packaging alot of these cables come in.
I would have thought manufacturers would have been more responsible on this regard by now.

2 Likes

I suspect they have changed the boxes from feedback on that point.

I donā€™t know how they used to come, but this is how they come now

6 Likes

Mine came in a sort of polished mahogany type box with a white interior - suede or leather I think.

Thinking of putting it on show as a piece of furniture/load plug and accessories storage box !

1 Like

I guess they are more environmentally friendly now - although, I wonder if the price went down - as if :smile:

1 Like

Those polished boxes were rather nice. The black ones certsinly more budget. Must get a photo when home.
Cables great BTW.

1 Like

I think WH are sensitive about packaging, recent questionnaires from them asked about preferences (plain box vs. fancy wood) IIRC.

1 Like

They must have switched box styles some time last year, my last order ~10 months back came in the black boxes, while an order the previous year came in the more fancy looking polished mahogany box, with the white liner.

1 Like

My dealer loaned me a Chord Sarum T to try between my NDX 2 and 252. He didnā€™t tell me the price, had I known how much the interconnect cost, I probably would not have tried it. The difference the interconnect made was not subtle in any way. Just more of everything, in a good way. I ended up buying it, but keep the cost to myself. ā€œYou paid how much for 1 meter of wire?ā€. Iā€™ve since gone on to add another Sarum T between my Pro-Ject DC transport, and the NDX 2.

7 Likes

Did anyone mention Morgana boxes?

Forgot how much ive spent

12 Likes

None unapproved I hope?

1 Like

Wellā€¦

1 Like

Is it just me or is the packaging completely over the top for a piece of wire? Itā€™s not like to box has any use other than for sending the cable. What do people do with all the boxes?

Over the top. No idea what do with the boxes

1 Like

Interesting those that tested the new Spectre cable were askedā€¦ā€¦most like me who got the prototype in a cardboard box from a courier were more for an environmental package. Though some like a nice box, i can understand both sidesā€¦ā€¦too many boxes under my bed.

1 Like

For me the box only needs to be sufficiently robust to be used again to send it on when you move on to the next wonder cable.

Iā€™ve just purchased some ā‚¬100 loudspeaker cable.
If it wipes my Phantom Iā€™d tell you all.

As for interconnects, - since Iā€™ve tried a very expensive Chord Co. and found Rega couple sound better in my setup - canā€™t be bothered anymore.

1 Like

Those with more cable experience than I, where do you think the biggest difference lies, mains interconnect or speaker cables? Iā€™ve just witnessed a very clear difference between NACA5 land Kudos KS-1, never tried the others though

1 Like

It depends on what you have now in each category.

And - mains probably.

2 Likes