Call for a return of the Phono button

I have 5 different Naim remotes. The Zigbee has funny symbols that I can never remember what they mean, I’ve taken the batteries out anyway. The R com just has up and down for source, it’s OK I suppose if a bit on the heavy side. The Narcoms 3,4 and 5 all have numbers to select source. I use the Narcom 4 as the mute button is in a memorable place.
It’s easy enough to remember which button does what, for me anyway, my wife can’t seem to remember that after she’s selected TV on the app that she also needs to TURN THE VOLUME DOWN and select input 3 on the remote to get TV sound through the speakers.

I wonder, if you’re going to have phono on any of the button on the amp you should perhaps have two, phono 1 for the internal MM phonostage snd phono 2 for the powered input where the superline goes, or vice versa. Without an internal phonostage I’m happy enough to have them as AUX 1 and 2 instead.

1 Like

I suppose you could make either input assignable to the one phono button, just like when choosing whether “cd” should be RCA or DIN

The 552 has assignable inputs, 9 for 6 buttons but you’re stuck with AUX.

Are you not using a Superline with your system?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.