Can a power cord on a turntable make a difference?

Of course it does, a really heavy mains lead on a lightweight TT will pull it clean off the rack!

No filter, unless you consider the 13A fuse (required in the UK, where circuits can have a much higher amp rating) to be such a thing.

Yes, Kontak is just a cleaner, afaik. Ohmic is a 2-stage process; the first being the contact cleaner, the second a treatment that maximises the contact area.

Thanks.

All the Silver Plated Litz cables I found where far to thin to handle 240v mains. However, the search lead me to a supplier of 12s gauge silver plated cable, (a racing car parts supplier in the US), which will handle up to 9 amp. I’ll be able to make a 5 ft length for £30.00.

:small_blue_diamond:@kuma,…Of course,.the cable also has significance,and what contact in relation to the cable you use.

As well as how to connect the screen in the cable,.and how hard…with which Nm-value you pull the cable into the connector.
All of this,.and more is very important for performance.

:small_orange_diamond:If you are going to try changing contacts (not IEC) on your Powerline,.be sure to draw them with the correct Nm-value.

Jorma Design,.had 2004 a powercord with a type of Bybee’s that sounded incredibly good. But that model stopped being manufactured a few years later.

/Peder🙂

That’s right! FXXX! ( I recall it was a 4-letter word in old Naim land ) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.