Cancelling Subscription Services

They don’t.

1 Like

I think for the BMW you need a subscription to get the weather and traffic updates live as well?

1 Like

Not forgetting the little used indicator subscription.

11 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I said “got” meaning it as in the past. it was only a few years ago they stopped getting them once they were 75 years old.

2 Likes

I tend to agree with you. But that does make some sense as it encourages people to use the buses, which is a greener form of transport than driving their own car, often with 3 empty seats.

That applies to any age group, surely?

Anyway, we digress…

Agree.

Noted.
I should get a half-price TV licence as I don’t receive any sound.

I only watch with one eye open… do I qualify?

1 Like

You’ve basically just described what the UK tv license is. The difference here is that it is a flat fee regardless of your taxable income and as such it is per household rather than per person

That may be true. I did buy that in year 4 because I was worried about losing the traffic updates.

… yes, and here it is also actually called tax (and is a part of the annual tax return).

Emails are another one that need unsubscribing. How many irrelevant emails from companies do you get?

3 Likes

There are an awful lot of older people driving who really shouldn’t be, and if a free bus pass incentivises them not to drive, it can only be a good thing, for themselves and for others. I’m really looking forward to getting mine.

4 Likes

Needless to say, Waze or Google Maps are way superior to any car manufacturer maps and always updated.

2 Likes

Well done that Man!
I think you are very wise; subscriptions are a quick way to poverty and in many cases that is what vendors are counting on “It’s only £X.99, not expensive…” - until you start to add them up.
Like you, I have hundreds of CDs, but music tastes have changed, so I do allow myself Qobuz, but that is where it stops.

2 Likes

Chimes with my views. I avoid buying from Amazon too.

1 Like

Because OAPs were respected once!

Also it is not a TV licence it is a BBC Tax.
And it takes 9000 pensioners to pay for Gary Lineker.

8 Likes

There was a time when it could be argued the UK TV license granted the viewer two commercial free channels of premium quality content.

That ceased to be true even before I left the UK. It was commercial free but scarcely worth paying for.

BBC dramas often make it to Hulu and Netflix and Prime and sometimes I just watch something to hear familiar accents. But the quality of writing has nosedived in the past two decades. When I see the opening credits flash that BBC logo, I know I’m in for something with dialogue and story that feels like it was conceived by an adolescent.

The beeb is treated like a sacred cow. It shouldn’t be.

4 Likes