CD Player recommendations

I listened to a bunch of devices and went with an Audiolab 7000 and a separate dac.dac

1 Like

Like this a lot - could be tempted.

(Image credit: what hifi)

3 Likes

Audiolab, Cambridge etc are Chinese products. Thatā€™s a turnoff to me. The Audiolabs slotloading damages the surface (marks) of the cdā€™s over time.

Marantz, Denon and Atoll (MD100) are safer, all imo of course.

S

1 Like

I bought it last week, I use it with Uniti Nova. Sounds good

Only 50k

Audiolab 9000 has proper loading slot.

You canā€™t go wrong with a Marantz CD 6007, it is a great player. I also have a Roksan K3 CD player which is 3 times the price but honestly not so much better. The transport is great so ideal for you set up.

1 Like

Me too, iā€™d never buy anything IAG - manufactured in China, but many choose to ignore origin and tbh its sometime rather difficult to know where your stuff is made.

(post written from a Samsung smarthone) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

To answer the original question, based on everything Iā€™ve read and listened to, Iā€™d go transport into your streamer via coax. Iā€™d go new, and personally go tray loading. Iā€™ve run the Audiolab 6000CDT and now use the 9000. I think the 7000CDT would fit the bill for you.

Also, I love streaming and I also love CD :grin:.

4 Likes

That isnā€™t on Missionā€™s website , so it must be very new, not yet released or a legacy product

Later this year I believe.

2 Likes

thank you

1 Like

You know that the Naim cd5si is still on sale? I found it excellent for the priceā€¦ Why did you sulk it?

1 Like

I guess the OPā€™s biggest problem with the CD5si is its 3x plus his allocated budget of Ā£500ā€¦ishšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

1 Like

Yes itā€™s trueā€¦ In second hand maybe but itā€™s a bit fair I think.

Wonder if you ever have tried any of their higher hiearchy players ?

I had 5i and cd5x with flatcap, I prefer the cd5si, after I do not say it is the best, but at its price it is very good.

Cd5si here very happy and matches great with my Supernait 3 and only needing one remote for both. :heart_eyes: :+1:t2:

1 Like

Same here, itā€™s an underrated player in my view.
Supported by Naim too

2 Likes

I think the CD 5si is good for the money , the Nait 50 deserves a better source like a LP12 or a NDx2 .

1 Like