CD Players

@Wugged_Woy @anon70766008 @ChrisM54 I think both Kleiber’s are awesome but my favourite Beethoven recording is Tennstedt’s Eroica done live.

@anon70766008
That’s actually thoughtfully written.
Thanks for sharing :+1:

KR
R

Total agreement.

Excellent post and absolutely agree with the sentiment.
It’s a great shame that a certain few members seem to believe otherwise. :thinking: :yawning_face: :see_no_evil: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Just read a review in the dcs Vivaldi one APEX in Hi Fi + what a beast of a player. Guess it ought be at £78,000 god knows how much it would be here. Love to audition one though, anyone had the opportunity to have a listen to one.

:flushed::flushed::flushed:

3 Likes

That’s Insane! :open_mouth:

Have you got one stashed away somewhere

1 Like

Many people will think the same for a thousand pound plus amplifier …

I must admit I do sometimes, or what about £6,000 for a watch when a quartz Lorus can cost under a £100 .

Happy new year, to you, Mrs Mike and Miss Mike

best wishes

Ian

1 Like

Don’t currently own a CD Player.
Might buy a 6000 CDT when I get my ND5 XS 2, but then again maybe not🤷🏻‍♂️

1 Like

I have the 6000 CDT it’s a great player for the price.

4 Likes

I listened to its predecessor (non Apex) at a dealers a couple of months pre-Covid and it (or rather the system it was part of) didn’t engage me. I didn’t know what it was at the time and had no idea of the cost.

I was actually looking for speakers and listened with two different speakers (Graham LS5/9f and Kharma something), through what I subsequently discovered were Soulution 520/511.

It was in a large, heavily treated listening room, where they frequently audition big brands such as DCS, Gryphon, Kharma, Boulder, Soulution, Sigma Acoustics, Kroma, AirTight etc.

The same dealer has since (shortly after Apex was released) dropped DCS and picked up Naim (and Focal), but I don’t know what was behind those decisions.

I would imagine they would want Naim for financial reasons, if nothing less. A good dealer can sell over a £mil per year with just Naim alone.

No doubt a commercial decision but from conversations I have, dealers in my area seem to struggle to sell much Naim beyond all in one / integrated. Stock on hand for audition is extremely limited, both with dealers and the distributor. When I wanted to audition ND555 with reference amps, the best they (not the dealer referred to above) could come up with was NDX2 and SN3. I wouldn’t be surprised if this were more to do with taking on Focal, who have a much stronger brand presence and Naim are bundled with the package.

3 Likes

Really? I am surprised.

Certainly not case here it seems there an abundance of stock that is heavily discounted. There’s probably lots of reasons that include a new distributor that doesn’t understand Naim. The stock they have to purchase when they signed plus an economy that’s stalled.

2 Likes

That Focal are better known than Naim in some European Markets?.

The only promotions here are ex demo Xs, Si or bundled Atom or Star with Speakers (not necessarily Focal),

Here is the system I heard it In recently :no_mouth:
Sounded good to me

5 Likes

3 Likes