Cd players

Which is best the luxman d-07X or marantz sa-10 anyone ever audition both players.

Perhaps someone might have auditioned both side by side, but are there any dealers that stock both? Of course eventually youā€™ll have to decide, but Iā€™m interested in the outcome for when/if my CDS3 dies.

1 Like

I doubt thereā€™s no ā€˜bestā€™ just different.

1 Like

U could include an Esoteric tooā€¦ all are from Japan

1 Like

They are all good cd players ā€¦ I had demoed Marantz and esoteric but have not demo Luxman

I canā€™t answer your question but if you wanted to stick with Naim after your beloved CDS3 you could look for a CD5XS, add a nDAC, and then maxx it out with a 555ps. Iā€™m not saying it would be the same but it would be good.

1 Like

Yeah could be a very good option.

2 Likes

How about Accuphase ?
Steve.

I second the Esoteric especially with their new discrete no chip DAC.

Cheersā€¦

1 Like

I do have a 555ps dr on my cds3 but to be honest i think itā€™s a tad too powerful the cd555 or nds would be betterā€¦but i am selling them on because i want less boxes now .

And the Accuphase DP570

1 Like

3 boxes :roll_eyes:

@Hawkmoon I have heard both, although not side by side.

First thing to remember is that the Luxman is about Ā£4,000 more expensive than the Marantz. Thus it looks and feels more luxurious and itā€™s a bit better built.

I liked both and from what I can remember, the SA-10 sounded a bit chunkier and slightly more forward while the Luxman was smoother, more ā€œ3Dā€ and detailed.

At this price point I would get the SA-10 but if money were no object I would go for the top end Luxman, the D-10X, which is just sensational. A couple of members here have D-10Xs.

2 Likes

Luxman used to have a stellar reputation for quality.

When I was looking for a second TT, I might have chosen their PD131 (without tonearm) if it had been possible to buy an ARO fitting. I found a Linn fitting, but not one for the ARO.

No need for the passive aggression. The guy did not stipulate that he wanted less boxes in the original post. I tried to help.

They still do. They make some of the best-sounding, best-built and best-looking kit out thereā€¦

1 Like

Yes the dx10 is good and I was going for that awhile ago but something else came up so i couldnā€™t get it not sure if i could get the dx10 now so either the sa10 or dx07. Thanks for your reply.

My system is similar to yours. When my CDS 3 was deemed to no longer be repairable, I went on the hunt for a new player. I settled on the Pro-Ject Box RS2 CD transport and accompanying power supply. Iā€™m very happy with it. I think itā€™s every bit as good as the CDS 3, but a different presentation. And like the CDS 3, it doesnā€™t suffer poor recordings well. In other words, it wonā€™t put lipstick on a pig.

Sorry my sense of humor did nt work this time but really no aggresson ment.