CD5 XS reading problems

I’m at a loss to understand, David.

He’s saying what happens with one CD and then what happens with another. If you read all of what he says in his posts, some CDs are fine some of the time but it’s unpredictable. At least that’s what I think he is saying.

he CDs do not all play correctly. Some yes, some no. Some are not read at all (as if they were of another format). Others the reading stops

How many cds you have ? If it’s not that much, you can buy a second hand Ndac ( around 1k) and put your albums on an usb stick inserted in the dac. The least expensive to have even better sound than the Cd5x.

I have too many CDs, about three thousand. I want my cd5 xs back :frowning:

3 Likes

Good luck. Maybe there’s no need to change the cd mechanism. Only Naim Salisbury can respond to you.

I tried that while waiting for my CD-transport to arrive. It sounds great, but without a screen, it’s a pain to opperate with more than a couple of albums on a USB. I would advise against. Don’t get me wrong, the nDAC itself is absolutely magnificent, but USB is both amazing sounding and terrible to use.

@Antony I would still suggest visiting your dealer. It might be repaired still. I certainly hope it is :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Of course guys I will let you know what type of fault will be identified. However, if it can’t be repaired, which new model do you recommend?

If you like the sound of the Naim and want to stick with it, a CD5si would be your only option for a new Naim CDP. Many people speak highly of it, despite it originally being the ‘budget’ option.

Mark

3 Likes

Needs must when……. :innocent:

ATB, J

Suggest a search of the forum for your last query.

@antony - Start here - CD Player recommendations

1 Like

Read about the Naim CDP trade in offer, top of the page.
Announced overnight

Another option?

1 Like

I can’t link the dealer in question, but the details of the scheme, including the all important discount levels, are on The Sound Organisation’s website, flat discount regardless of CD player model, trade in value depends what you’re buying, but £1500 off a NDX2 seems a decent price if you’re trading in a CD5!

2 Likes

Have you tried a new puck?

Won’t make any difference

Why assume the worst?!

Hello everyone, I would like to inform you of what happened to my CD5XS which went in for assistance and returned safely to my home! The assistance made my player look like new again with replacement of the laser lens and maintenance of the analogue part. An excellent service. Thanks to all of you for the advice

6 Likes

Hi Antony, may I ask you who performed the service to your CD5 XS? Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.