Choose your fighter: Full Fat Fraim vs SVT with Bronze Upgrade

So this thread was already resolved :grin:

I got a totally lovely Spectral Hifi rack for my gear its a low level one intended to have a tv on, I love it as its clean and hides everything. Also I got it for 45 quid from a charity shop!

IMG_3651

5 Likes

Quadraspire racks do not wobble if you put enough weight on them ?

4 Likes

How do you find the Atacama compact rack?

I may well use one for my PhoenixNet and even router as you have done…

And what is your ingenious headphone holder solution there?

my Q4 was rock solid but the Q4 reference in the shop was very wobbly… I could never understand why?

Very nice set up BTW

I really like that piece and it would go well in my home office. Seems a UK/EU brand only; no sign of it in the US.

The compact rack is one I made from pre cut Oak from E bay.

Th uprights are spares I had from my original Quadrasphire rack my dealer gifted me a additional set which I prepared and sprayed black. The shelves are treated with Danish oil.

The Headphone holder is a piece of round wood prepared and stained black and fixed to the little rack.

I am very pleased how it turned out and fitted in the space by the main rack, on the shelves are the Router, Hard drive back up for my Core, EE8 switch and my Apple TV box.

I think it cost about £60.00 for all the odds and sods.

Yeah there seems to be a spectral audio in the uk but this is Spectral in germany.

I looked at it one day in the charity shop and kind of walked by it but it niggled me that night and the next day I went back and thankfully it was still there. It is superbly made, an amazing bit of kit, three man lift it weighs a total tonne.

Perhaps I need to align the wheels to get the best ‘sound’ from it, but frankly I dont believe all the hype with equipment racks.

That is cool…

Congratulations! It looks very professional. I was convinced it was the little Atacama… Personally, I can just about make a cup of tea…

I agree, Simrack does look really nice, not seen any reviews or any comments on how it ‘sounds’…

Yes… now it comes down to what goes wear as I need both racks. I’m thinking of having the SVT with the 250, HiCapDR and Radikal and the LP12, 282 and ND5XS2 on the Fraim for a brain/brawn like split

1 Like

I chose Fraim light over the SVT in the end, based on aesthetic to match other furniture in the room. I think they are both great options.

1 Like

Surly reference X is the comparable for a full fat Fraim, not an SVT?

Yes i found this advice very helpful when building my new Fraim for the very first time. This advice really helped me to understand what all of the bits are actually doing and to help my system sing like i’ve never heard it before. Very pleased thus far. Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.