Chord cables?

i didn`t know there will be two of them…when will Chord start to sell them?

At the end of February I have been told but it is a bit uncertain, it may be later.

1 Like

I use Chord speaker cable between my SuperNait 2 and Spendor A5s - they are one of the least expensive cables in their range and find them very satisfactory.

I have also used Chord C Series ethernet cables with a Melco Music Library and my NDX2 but later changed to (more expensive) a Melco cable and, frankly, could tell no difference.

I had a Chord Sarum Tuned Aray Din signal cable on trial between my NDX2 and SuperNait2 but, while ‘different’ sounding, I decided I preferred the Naim HiLine cable I currently use. I also tried the Naim Super Lumina cable but again preferred the HiLine. While this may suggest the I am something of a ‘cable denier’ I think system matching and musicality (as opposed to detail/transparency) are equally valid considerations.

2 Likes

Please do. Thanks’

1 Like

When it came time to re-equip from NACA5 and standard NAIM interconnects, Iargely because out here in rural Spain, my nearest dealer is a 2-hour car drive away and stocks Chord by preference, Chord it was…

Shawline interconnects and Epic speaker cables represented a lip-bitingly expensive upgrade for me, but it was worth it. The sound became more detailed and “open” without losing any PRAT.

Go for it, is my advice. :grinning:

4 Likes

Yup! Here’s one or two i made up earlier :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Three terminated…

1 Like

…and in white. :blush:

5 Likes

…Yes, both white and black works well…:blush:

2 Likes

A few more goodies from chord next year…

Yep. With two new cables and two brand new power lists there is a lot to look forward to…

I think this is right on. My system has been up and down over the last 15 years in terms of engagement. I think I finally found the secret sauce. System matching and the proper cables, vibration control, are essential. In hindsight think it took quite a few changes and adjustments to get back to engagement I had with my 82/250/hicap/VPI Aries/Benz Ruby and JA Perspectives. I kept improving something, but it was like a rabbit hole. System upgrades kept exposing other weaknesses in the playback chain, or made poorly recorded records sound bad(50-60% of my rock stuff, I hate Audiophile Jazz). After several, alright many changes I have finally gotten my perfect sound. That perfect balance of, rip you away from your phone engagement, toe tapping, and staring in to the room amazed at the vividness of the images and the breadth of the soundstage. I listened to Blonde on Blonde 3 times last night straight through, mono and stereo, those original pressings are amazing and his lyrics are stellar. I normally just listen to side 1. The Isoacoustics feet for my Giya’s and Innovation Compact were the icing on the cake(when I saw a science and value geared company like PSB added them to their models, I had to try them. I’m done with equipment now I just swap carts or record weights. I have a HRS and a Clearaudio Statement. Depending on the record, they both bring a lot to the table. It’s crazy, HRS pushes up the vocals and dynamic attacks, while the CA is much more spread out and balanced. Have records with distant vocals like some Lennon albums or well recorded metal/rock HRS, everything else CA.
Detail and transparency are very important to my engagement, hearing new things in recordings is exciting to me, improving those attributes without killing musicality or engagement was a long hard road. Kept improving the former and chasing the latter. Playing the Queen at the beeb lp set now, just heaven, and I believe its digitally mastered, blew up that bias.

1 Like

It’s called “Cable Agnostic”. The guy that uses $60 cables on Naim 500 level systems.
I agree that balance is important. I use Musics and Ansuz D2’s on my big Naim system but chose Chord Signature’s to connect my Atom HE to a NAP 250 DR
I use a Chord C-stream Ethernet to connect my Mu-So to my local home network.
I’m not into re-terminated data cables. It’s like putting cheap tires on a Ferrari.

2 Likes

Very unnecessary to be rude against other members leatherneck, there is also nothing wrong with preferring HiLine over Super Lumina, it’s just a matter of taste…

2 Likes

I think you misread him. Hilines ain’t cheap. He’s saying the guy goes with the best sounding cable regardless of price. A compliment to my eyes.

1 Like

I wasn’t being rude. I agree with him. I simply said that Cable Deniers are called Cable Agnostics. They simply won’t spend money on cables. There is nothing wrong with HiLines. I’ve owned many of them. It’s those who use BJC’s on NAP 500’s that I’m talking about.

2 Likes

:thinking::joy:

1 Like

So 6 x Chord SignatureX mains cables installed today replacing Powerlines along with my new pair of 808’s. Pete at Acoustica couldn’t believe what he was hearing as these new 808’s sounded better than the fully run in dem pair after the mains lead changes. That good!!

4 Likes

Then kleinbje were right then, I misread you. Sorry for that leatherneck! And thank you for your clarification.

I meant I’ve owned them with multiple Naim systems. I keep wandering off but always come back to Naim.

1 Like