Chord cables?

Using Chord Signature Tuned Aray RCA to Din Cyrus cdi xr to Nac 252 superb beautifully made. Loads of detail from Chord

1 Like

That’s not the most joyous praise I’ve ever heard for a cable.

I’ve started to use Gutwire cables, power, interconnect and now speaker cables. Absolutely fantastic. I’ve had friends around that really dislike NAIM but with gutwire it’s transformed the sound to a point where the NAIM signiture of PrAT and authentic ‘live’ presentation is completely revealed.

Look them up - it’s a Canadian company.

1 Like

That’s not the most joyous praise I’ve ever heard for a cable.

Sorry for semantics, not a native English speaker here :smile:
Lets say the Epics were reasonably good, and probably very good for their price level. However, they had a sort of very straightforward, detailed and even a sort of unforgivable sound for my liking. Indigos sound much more silkier and smoother for me.

1 Like

Have you tried their Power Chords as well? If not, well worth a try IMO.

By the way,
Is there a chance to see a new Chord power strip in Bristol this coming February?
Anyone know anything about this?

1 Like

Do you really think the Bristol Show will go ahead?

Bristol is cancelled….see the topic on it.

2 Likes

I had the privilege of listening to Chord’s brand new power chords and the new power strips on a demo at my dealer a few weeks ago. An experience out of the ordinary to say the least. A “must listen” IMO.

2 Likes

Bjorn

What new power cables are these ?
I’m currently using Sarum and Sarum T
I thought Music cables were the end of the line, certainly the end of the bank balance

Lyndon

2 Likes

There are other power cables in the classic range….

The range will be expanded to include two new cables, Clearway Power and Epic Power. No new top models, as far as I know, so you can calmly keep what you already have without emptying the bank account …:wink:

The new power strips, However, you should probably listen to. Do not think you will be disappointed if I say so…

My dealer is “waxing lyrical” about the new SignatureX mains cables.

1 Like

@Meni will be pleased, he was waiting for the Chord powerblock.
Do you know the approximate price?

Unfortunately not rooster, prices were not set at the time of the demo.

1 Like

I was hoping…

1 Like

I have used Chord cables in the past and they make very good cables. I only have the Naim Uniti Core and NDX2, so I can’t say how they suit amplifiers. As someone else said, much depends on your taste and equipment, so there’s no definitive answer.

I had Chord Epic Twin speaker cables between my Gryphon Diablo 300 amplifier and B&W 802 speakers but switched a few months ago. They were good, but for me the soundstage depth was missing, they seemed to slow the dynamics and they muted the high frequencies…… almost like too much induction. But I do note that others here say they are bright …… so taste and equipment seem to change things.
I found the Chord Signature Tuned Array XLR cables from my Chord Electronics TT2 to Gryphon amp worked very well, but recently switched to Siltech Classic Anniversary and Legend cables. The Chord Signatures gave a really good sound stage, dynamics and good tone balance. I was very happy with them and though they are not cheap, I believe you have to spend twice as much to improve on them …… I know because I just did that.

It’s expensive around 2000£ That’s what my dealer said …but didn’t come out yet,maybe in the beginning of the next year…

1 Like

I have 7 of the latest SignatureX mains cables arriving on Tuesday to trial against my Powerlines I will report my findings.

3 Likes

I think you’re talking about the big one then, with ARAY technology. The smaller one will probably have a much lower price.